‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Star Andrew Garfield Talks About a Scene He Doesn’t Want to Think About
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 5, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Sharing yet another proof that "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are definitely in love on screen and off screen, Spidey talks about a particular scene he doesn't want to think about, which appears to involve Gwen Stacy.
Actor Andrew Garfield arrives for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" premiere in New York April 24, 2014.
Andrew Garfield, playing the role of Spider-Man a.k.a. Peter Parker, has made it clear during the promotion of the new Spider-Man franchise that the romance between him and real-life girlfriend has been inevitable and has not been there only for show.
"It was like diving into whitewater rapids and having no desire to hang on to the side," Garfield said in an interview with Teen Vogue as reported by Heavy.com." Throughout shooting, it was wild and exciting. I couldn't help but try to stay with her, keep pace with her and not let her get away."
Emma Stone, playing the role of Gwen Stacy, who is considered to be Peter Parker's "true love," was just as clear as her boyfriend when it comes to their romance.
". . . meeting Andrew, and working with Andrew . . . it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had," the 25-year-old actress also revealed to Teen Vogue.
However, fans of the couple must have known by now that it wasn't all good times.
[Spoiler Alert! The rest of the article contains major spoilers. Read at your own risk.]
It appears that speculations that Gwen Stacy will die in the new Spider-Man franchise and rumours that Emma Stone will not return in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" have appeared to have hit home and have spoken of the truth.
"It was horrible," Garfield described the particular scene to MTV News. "Absolutely horrid. I don't want to think about it. It's the worst. Your body doesn't know it's not real."
According to Marvel Wikia, the death of Gwen Stacy has "shocked" the fans of the popular Marvel comics. And apparently, Andrew Garfield has been stunned, too.
But however "horrible" the scene may be, the 'quirky' Emma Stone told MTV News that she was "morbidly looking forward to it." And despite the shocking ending that must have fans lurching forward off their seats, various reports claim that Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone still remain happily in love off screen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown