How to Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFND3 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | May 5, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phablet can now update their device to the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. However, if your device has not received the wireless notification, you can obtain the firmware and upgrade it using a manual procedure.
Reminder: This firmware update is official from Samsung which will NOT remove the current warranty if any. It does not require any root access to perform the update and can be applied regardless of country as long as the model number is N7100.
1. Apply this Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 phablet model only.
2. Create a manual backup of all personal files and settings stored on the phablet.
3. Charge up the device to at least 50 per cent to avoid any power issues during the update.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note 2 by going to Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging.
5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers on your computer for the phablet. You may use the Samsung Kies PC Suite to do this by simply plugging in the Galaxy Note 2 via USB cable.
Warning: We are not responsible for any damages or errors which may occur on your Galaxy Note 2 phablet. The firmware requires manual installation that may brick the device if done improperly. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the device. Do this at your own risk.
1. Extract the contents of the files you've downloaded earlier to a folder on the computer's desktop.
2. Launch the ODIN flash tool from the folder then switch off your Galaxy Note 2.
3. Reboot the phablet to Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time. If the device proceeds to the home screen, repeat the process.
4. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 using a USB cable. The ODIN flash tool will light up blue if it is detected.
5. On the ODIN flash tool interface, click on the "PDA" tab then select the firmware file which ends with ".tar". The .tar file is found inside the folder where you've extracted the firmware zip file.
6. Make sure that the re-partition area is NOT ticked.
7. Hit the Start button to begin installation process. Wait till the device reboots on its own which may take three to five minutes.
Once the device reaches the home screen, you may unplug it then go to "Settings > About" to determine the new build version which should be XXUFND3. In case the device goes into a boot loop, remove the battery then reinsert it and re-apply the update again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged