Nokia Lumia 520: Windows Phone Handset Repel a Bullet, Saved a Police Officer's Life
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 5, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone was proven to be a durable Windows Phone handset. The latest reports on the Nokia Lumia 520 claim that the Finnish device turned into a hero after repelling a bullet and saved the life of an unnamed Brazilian police officer.
According to the Pocket-Lint report, the police officer went to his mother's house to have his uniform washed. The police officer arrived at the house to see two robbers inside and his parents being held hostages.
When the robbers saw the police officer, they started to open fire at him but the police officer survived the attack. The Digital Trends report revealed that the first bullet shot did not hit the police officer but the second bullet hit the officer's Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone placed at his back pocket.
However, the Sao Paulo State Military Police was not able to find the robbers who escaped with the money, jewelry, watches and cell phones that they took inside the house. The Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone screen obviously got cracked but the device managed to prevent the bullet from getting any further to injure the police officer. Click HERE to see photos.
Some comments posted in the GSMArena report noted Nokia's capability of producing durable devices like the Nokia 3310. One commenter with username Farhan posted that the robbers were fortunate that the police officer was not carrying the Nokia 3310 and the others were quick to agree saying that having a Nokia 3310 with a bulletproof case is like the last day of Earth or the police officer could use the Nokia 3310 and beat the robbers to death with it or the Finnish company should start making protective equipments.
The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device has a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display with 800x480p resolution, scratch-resistant glass, a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 305 GPU, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 OS upgradeable to WP8 Black update and 512MB of RAM. Additional smartphone features and specs include the 5MP rear-facing camera, internal storage capacity of 8GB that can be expanded up to 64GB with the available microSD card slot, the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of yellow, cyan, red, black and white that the consumers can choose from.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date