Nokia Lumia 520: Windows Phone Handset Repel a Bullet, Saved a Police Officer's Life
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 5, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone was proven to be a durable Windows Phone handset. The latest reports on the Nokia Lumia 520 claim that the Finnish device turned into a hero after repelling a bullet and saved the life of an unnamed Brazilian police officer.
According to the Pocket-Lint report, the police officer went to his mother's house to have his uniform washed. The police officer arrived at the house to see two robbers inside and his parents being held hostages.
When the robbers saw the police officer, they started to open fire at him but the police officer survived the attack. The Digital Trends report revealed that the first bullet shot did not hit the police officer but the second bullet hit the officer's Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone placed at his back pocket.
However, the Sao Paulo State Military Police was not able to find the robbers who escaped with the money, jewelry, watches and cell phones that they took inside the house. The Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone screen obviously got cracked but the device managed to prevent the bullet from getting any further to injure the police officer. Click HERE to see photos.
Some comments posted in the GSMArena report noted Nokia's capability of producing durable devices like the Nokia 3310. One commenter with username Farhan posted that the robbers were fortunate that the police officer was not carrying the Nokia 3310 and the others were quick to agree saying that having a Nokia 3310 with a bulletproof case is like the last day of Earth or the police officer could use the Nokia 3310 and beat the robbers to death with it or the Finnish company should start making protective equipments.
The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device has a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display with 800x480p resolution, scratch-resistant glass, a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 305 GPU, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 OS upgradeable to WP8 Black update and 512MB of RAM. Additional smartphone features and specs include the 5MP rear-facing camera, internal storage capacity of 8GB that can be expanded up to 64GB with the available microSD card slot, the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of yellow, cyan, red, black and white that the consumers can choose from.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements