Nokia Lumia 520: Windows Phone Handset Repel a Bullet, Saved a Police Officer's Life
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 5, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone was proven to be a durable Windows Phone handset. The latest reports on the Nokia Lumia 520 claim that the Finnish device turned into a hero after repelling a bullet and saved the life of an unnamed Brazilian police officer.
According to the Pocket-Lint report, the police officer went to his mother's house to have his uniform washed. The police officer arrived at the house to see two robbers inside and his parents being held hostages.
When the robbers saw the police officer, they started to open fire at him but the police officer survived the attack. The Digital Trends report revealed that the first bullet shot did not hit the police officer but the second bullet hit the officer's Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone placed at his back pocket.
However, the Sao Paulo State Military Police was not able to find the robbers who escaped with the money, jewelry, watches and cell phones that they took inside the house. The Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone screen obviously got cracked but the device managed to prevent the bullet from getting any further to injure the police officer. Click HERE to see photos.
Some comments posted in the GSMArena report noted Nokia's capability of producing durable devices like the Nokia 3310. One commenter with username Farhan posted that the robbers were fortunate that the police officer was not carrying the Nokia 3310 and the others were quick to agree saying that having a Nokia 3310 with a bulletproof case is like the last day of Earth or the police officer could use the Nokia 3310 and beat the robbers to death with it or the Finnish company should start making protective equipments.
The Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Phone 8 device has a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display with 800x480p resolution, scratch-resistant glass, a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, Adreno 305 GPU, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 OS upgradeable to WP8 Black update and 512MB of RAM. Additional smartphone features and specs include the 5MP rear-facing camera, internal storage capacity of 8GB that can be expanded up to 64GB with the available microSD card slot, the 1430mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of yellow, cyan, red, black and white that the consumers can choose from.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31' - [READ]
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate