Comic Book Writer Robert Kirkman Claims ‘The Walking Dead’ Needs Luck for Season 7: Bad News?
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 5, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Fans, at this point of time, cannot think about "The Walking Dead" wrapping things up for good. In the "The Walking Dead" comic book Issue # 126, a fan wrote in the letter column that comic book writer Robert Kirkman should not drag the TV show and end it by Season 7 or Season 8.
"Just because something goes a long time doesn't mean it's being milked. We'll be lucky to make it to season 7, but if we go beyond that it'll be because we have a story to tell," replied Robert, via Comicbook.com.
"We certainly won't be able to tell the full story of the comics in seven seasons of the show," added Robert.
Indeed it is difficult to cover all the angles that exist in "The Walking Dead" comic books in mere seven seasons. The characters evolve as well as the storyline makes way for more characters. "The Walking Dead" is more than just a zombie show, it has become a zombie drama of sorts with human emotions and ties as backdrop.
While Robert might feel that the show will be lucky to have seven seasons, showrunner Scott Gimple is more positive about the life span of "The Walking Dead."
Scott shared in an interview on "Larry King Now" that "The Walking Dead" can go on for 27 years.
"As a comic book, I don't know if it will end. As a TV show, all TV shows end. But I will say, I think it's possible that it could go on and on and on. I think if it went ten years...if it went longer than that it's possible that the cast, considering the amount of deaths on this cast and everything else, after ten or twelve years, it could shift into a whole new cast," said Scott.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
Read more about "The Walking Dead" Season 5:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows