Comic Book Writer Robert Kirkman Claims ‘The Walking Dead’ Needs Luck for Season 7: Bad News?
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 5, 2014 12:43 PM EST
Fans, at this point of time, cannot think about "The Walking Dead" wrapping things up for good. In the "The Walking Dead" comic book Issue # 126, a fan wrote in the letter column that comic book writer Robert Kirkman should not drag the TV show and end it by Season 7 or Season 8.
"Just because something goes a long time doesn't mean it's being milked. We'll be lucky to make it to season 7, but if we go beyond that it'll be because we have a story to tell," replied Robert, via Comicbook.com.
"We certainly won't be able to tell the full story of the comics in seven seasons of the show," added Robert.
Indeed it is difficult to cover all the angles that exist in "The Walking Dead" comic books in mere seven seasons. The characters evolve as well as the storyline makes way for more characters. "The Walking Dead" is more than just a zombie show, it has become a zombie drama of sorts with human emotions and ties as backdrop.
While Robert might feel that the show will be lucky to have seven seasons, showrunner Scott Gimple is more positive about the life span of "The Walking Dead."
Scott shared in an interview on "Larry King Now" that "The Walking Dead" can go on for 27 years.
"As a comic book, I don't know if it will end. As a TV show, all TV shows end. But I will say, I think it's possible that it could go on and on and on. I think if it went ten years...if it went longer than that it's possible that the cast, considering the amount of deaths on this cast and everything else, after ten or twelve years, it could shift into a whole new cast," said Scott.
"The Walking Dead" Season 5 airs this October on AMC.
Read more about "The Walking Dead" Season 5:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet