Xbox One News: New Audio Controls in Update, Xbox Live Gold May Lineup and a New Halo TV Series Rumour
By Gel Galang | May 5, 2014 12:16 PM EST
The month of May will bring in more new features for the Xbox One and it's already rolling out for those who are part of the early access program.
"As part of our ongoing effort to bring new features to our Xbox fans worldwide, we'll begin rolling out more features to folks in our early access program beginning this week, and we're looking forward to their feedback before shipping the system update to all Xbox One owners," said Major Nelson via his blog.
It's quite the fast rollout of updates following the recent one, but for this particular phase, the Xbox One will receive a new sound mixer for snapped apps, controls for chat volume when a player uses the Kinect, and also the option of improving speech recognition.
In detail, the sound mixer and volume controls are supposedly the features that have been getting feedback from Xbox One users. The new addition will be in the Settings section, where two new features will be used to control audio options.
The Sound mixer also allows you to control the volume levels of two apps when using Snap, so you can decide which one should be louder.
Opt-in for helping improve Speech Recognition is sort of a call from Xbox for its users to help in improving its algorithms and better response of the Xbox One console. To opt-in, you can check under Settings > Private & Online Safety > Customizing privacy and online safety, and set Share Voice Data to Allow.
This will give more voice samples into the algorithms for a more responsive unit for the Xbox One. Microsoft has already promised that all voice data will be used for product improvement, in case you are thinking of opting-in.
Xbox Live Games with Gold for May revealed
From now until May 15, Dust: An Elysian Tail will be available for free, while May 16 to 30 will see Saints Rows: The Third free for Xbox Live Gold members.
Halo TV series coming to Showtime first, Xbox One later?
Another potential update for the Halo TV series for Xbox One states a possible partnership between Xbox Studios and Showtime. According to Variety, Xbox Entertainment Studios is already in "deep" negotiations with Showtime in developing the TV series.
While the deal is still currently being worked out with Showtime, word about the development states that the episodes may first come to Showtime before it lands on the Xbox One.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’