Tim Tebow’s NFL Career Rumours: Former Quarterback Still Not Going to Get Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 5, 2014 10:51 AM EST
Tim Tebow has gone nearly a year without a career in the National Football League (NFL). He became a free agent in August 2013 when he was let go by the New England Patriots after only having played for the team for two and a half months. Despite the sad turn of events as far as his football career is concerned, Tebow remained optimistic that he will soon be able to step back in the NFL, but will he really be able to get a contract again?
According to Sportsworldreport.com, Tebow might be a good fit for NFL teams like Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, Arizona Cardinals, and Chicago Bears - only if he was amenable to the idea of playing a minimal role in the football field. Even though no NFL teams have expressed their interest of signing him at the moment, those teams could potentially consider Tebow if they "deal with injuries or are looking to get someone outside of the box," wrote the Web site. Unfortunately, dark clouds continue to dangle over Tebow's NFL career.
"Tebow is not going to get signed this summer most likely and that's too bad, as he has a resume that beats out a number of other players in the league."
Tebow currently works as an analyst for ESPN's SEC Network, but his present job doesn't stop him from relentlessly pursuing his NFL dream. In March, ESPN reported that Tebow was training at least five days a week. The former Heisman trophy winner said that he was on his best-ever quarterback condition. "I feel like I'm the best that I've ever been as a quarterback now," said Tebow. "I hope I get the opportunity to show that," Tebow added
In any case that Tebow will not land himself a career back in the NFL soon, he will get his hands busy when his show at the SEC Network premieres on Aug. 28. Until then, Tebow is keeping hopes high up and being realistic. He's aiming high for his NFL goals but working forward. "I'm not sure what's ahead of me," said the 26-year-old former quarterback.
"I'm very excited to have this opportunity at ESPN, but who knows what the next few months hold."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying