Tim Tebow’s NFL Career Rumours: Former Quarterback Still Not Going to Get Signed
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 5, 2014 10:51 AM EST
Tim Tebow has gone nearly a year without a career in the National Football League (NFL). He became a free agent in August 2013 when he was let go by the New England Patriots after only having played for the team for two and a half months. Despite the sad turn of events as far as his football career is concerned, Tebow remained optimistic that he will soon be able to step back in the NFL, but will he really be able to get a contract again?
According to Sportsworldreport.com, Tebow might be a good fit for NFL teams like Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, Arizona Cardinals, and Chicago Bears - only if he was amenable to the idea of playing a minimal role in the football field. Even though no NFL teams have expressed their interest of signing him at the moment, those teams could potentially consider Tebow if they "deal with injuries or are looking to get someone outside of the box," wrote the Web site. Unfortunately, dark clouds continue to dangle over Tebow's NFL career.
"Tebow is not going to get signed this summer most likely and that's too bad, as he has a resume that beats out a number of other players in the league."
Tebow currently works as an analyst for ESPN's SEC Network, but his present job doesn't stop him from relentlessly pursuing his NFL dream. In March, ESPN reported that Tebow was training at least five days a week. The former Heisman trophy winner said that he was on his best-ever quarterback condition. "I feel like I'm the best that I've ever been as a quarterback now," said Tebow. "I hope I get the opportunity to show that," Tebow added
In any case that Tebow will not land himself a career back in the NFL soon, he will get his hands busy when his show at the SEC Network premieres on Aug. 28. Until then, Tebow is keeping hopes high up and being realistic. He's aiming high for his NFL goals but working forward. "I'm not sure what's ahead of me," said the 26-year-old former quarterback.
"I'm very excited to have this opportunity at ESPN, but who knows what the next few months hold."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft