Media Coverage on Michael Schumacher’s Coma Condition Stopped, Manager Sabine Kehm Refuses to Give More Information
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 5, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Neither Michael Schumacher's family nor manager Sabine Kehm has provided update on the latest health condition of the former Formula One racing legend. Why is there no new update, since Kehm revealed Schumacher was showing signs of awakening and consciousness? As such, the lack of update from Schumacher's camp has made some people make stories up about his death.
Kehm primarily said they will continue to give the media constant updates on Schumacher's condition until the day comes that the seven-time world champion leaves the hospital. Even though Kehm is a little cynical about how other media outlets, journalists and medical experts comment on Schumacher's 4-month-long coma, she previously said they will continue to provide updates.
"Our plan and our desire would be that from the moment in which Michael can go into a rehab clinic, this media coverage will stop," Kehm told ARD Television, as reported by Auto123.com. According to the Web site, Schumacher's family was often "criticised" because they do not provide enough information on his condition. However, Kehm was quick to defend Schumacher's family and said that the 45-year-old German racer would have wanted it that way.
"Michael Schumacher is in a coma and cannot decide what is reported about him," Kehm said. "We, of course, We, of course, know how he deals with such things and try in his interest to handle these matters for him," she added.
Update on Schumacher's Coma Stopped
It was around the middle of April when Schumacher's manager Kehm last revealed information about the current condition of the F1 race car driver. She refuted claims that Schumacher has awoken from coma and recognised his wife. Now, Kehm has refrained from revealing information. German news site Autorevue.at said via translation Kehm has stopped giving away updates since then.
"The flow of information on the health of Michael Schumacher is, from a not yet defined time, ceased completely," wrote the German Web site. "Manager Sabine Kehm do not want to give more information up to date on the status, 15 weeks after the F1 world champion's skiing crash."
Schumacher's skiing crash happened on Dec 29, 2013. He suffered a serious brain injury after his head hit a rock. As of today, Schumacher remains in a medically induced coma condition, in a "critical but stable condition" at Grenoble University Hospital.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date