Motorola Found Success with Moto G
By Naveena Joy | May 5, 2014 9:21 AM EST
It came as a surprise but Motorola is back in action with the Moto G climbing from almost nothing to six percent in six months.
Moto G is an excellent and hugely affordable Android phone that gives immense value for money. It attracted to consumers especially youngsters, due to its premium build quality, timely OS updates, affordable price tag and a user friendly smartphone.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
"Motorola was nowhere in Europe before the Moto G launched in November last year, but the new model has since boosted the manufacturer to six per cent of British sales," said Dominic Sunnebo, strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTec.
"It highlights the speed at which a quality budget phone can disrupt a market. The same pattern can be seen in France with Wiko, which has 8.3 per cent share, and Xiaomi in China with 18.5 per cent."
The Moto G offers 1.2GHz quad -core processor, Android 4.3, upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat, 4.5-inch 720p LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and weighs as light as 143g, that is easy to carry in pockets and in your hand. It also has dual camera, 5-megapixel primary camera with geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panaroma features and 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. All this in a much affordable price across the world.
The profits are said to increase even further after the completion of the company's acquisition by Lenovo. Though Motorola is cropping in some huge sale but at the same time they have increased losses too. They need to bring in such innovation into the market that can manage the top players in the smartphone category.
It is rumoured that Motorola is launching Moto X and Moto X+1 under the smartphone category and like LG it is planning to use the concept of Google's Android Wear software on your wrist with the Moto 360 smartwatch.
It is now worth waiting how Motorola performs in their future projects.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation