Motorola Found Success with Moto G
By Naveena Joy | May 5, 2014 9:21 AM EST
It came as a surprise but Motorola is back in action with the Moto G climbing from almost nothing to six percent in six months.
Moto G is an excellent and hugely affordable Android phone that gives immense value for money. It attracted to consumers especially youngsters, due to its premium build quality, timely OS updates, affordable price tag and a user friendly smartphone.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
"Motorola was nowhere in Europe before the Moto G launched in November last year, but the new model has since boosted the manufacturer to six per cent of British sales," said Dominic Sunnebo, strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTec.
"It highlights the speed at which a quality budget phone can disrupt a market. The same pattern can be seen in France with Wiko, which has 8.3 per cent share, and Xiaomi in China with 18.5 per cent."
The Moto G offers 1.2GHz quad -core processor, Android 4.3, upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat, 4.5-inch 720p LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and weighs as light as 143g, that is easy to carry in pockets and in your hand. It also has dual camera, 5-megapixel primary camera with geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panaroma features and 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. All this in a much affordable price across the world.
The profits are said to increase even further after the completion of the company's acquisition by Lenovo. Though Motorola is cropping in some huge sale but at the same time they have increased losses too. They need to bring in such innovation into the market that can manage the top players in the smartphone category.
It is rumoured that Motorola is launching Moto X and Moto X+1 under the smartphone category and like LG it is planning to use the concept of Google's Android Wear software on your wrist with the Moto 360 smartwatch.
It is now worth waiting how Motorola performs in their future projects.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS