Motorola Found Success with Moto G
By Naveena Joy | May 5, 2014 9:21 AM EST
It came as a surprise but Motorola is back in action with the Moto G climbing from almost nothing to six percent in six months.
Moto G is an excellent and hugely affordable Android phone that gives immense value for money. It attracted to consumers especially youngsters, due to its premium build quality, timely OS updates, affordable price tag and a user friendly smartphone.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
"Motorola was nowhere in Europe before the Moto G launched in November last year, but the new model has since boosted the manufacturer to six per cent of British sales," said Dominic Sunnebo, strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTec.
"It highlights the speed at which a quality budget phone can disrupt a market. The same pattern can be seen in France with Wiko, which has 8.3 per cent share, and Xiaomi in China with 18.5 per cent."
The Moto G offers 1.2GHz quad -core processor, Android 4.3, upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat, 4.5-inch 720p LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and weighs as light as 143g, that is easy to carry in pockets and in your hand. It also has dual camera, 5-megapixel primary camera with geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panaroma features and 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. All this in a much affordable price across the world.
The profits are said to increase even further after the completion of the company's acquisition by Lenovo. Though Motorola is cropping in some huge sale but at the same time they have increased losses too. They need to bring in such innovation into the market that can manage the top players in the smartphone category.
It is rumoured that Motorola is launching Moto X and Moto X+1 under the smartphone category and like LG it is planning to use the concept of Google's Android Wear software on your wrist with the Moto 360 smartwatch.
It is now worth waiting how Motorola performs in their future projects.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast