Motorola Found Success with Moto G
By Naveena Joy | May 5, 2014 9:21 AM EST
It came as a surprise but Motorola is back in action with the Moto G climbing from almost nothing to six percent in six months.
Moto G is an excellent and hugely affordable Android phone that gives immense value for money. It attracted to consumers especially youngsters, due to its premium build quality, timely OS updates, affordable price tag and a user friendly smartphone.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
"Motorola was nowhere in Europe before the Moto G launched in November last year, but the new model has since boosted the manufacturer to six per cent of British sales," said Dominic Sunnebo, strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTec.
"It highlights the speed at which a quality budget phone can disrupt a market. The same pattern can be seen in France with Wiko, which has 8.3 per cent share, and Xiaomi in China with 18.5 per cent."
The Moto G offers 1.2GHz quad -core processor, Android 4.3, upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat, 4.5-inch 720p LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and weighs as light as 143g, that is easy to carry in pockets and in your hand. It also has dual camera, 5-megapixel primary camera with geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panaroma features and 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. All this in a much affordable price across the world.
The profits are said to increase even further after the completion of the company's acquisition by Lenovo. Though Motorola is cropping in some huge sale but at the same time they have increased losses too. They need to bring in such innovation into the market that can manage the top players in the smartphone category.
It is rumoured that Motorola is launching Moto X and Moto X+1 under the smartphone category and like LG it is planning to use the concept of Google's Android Wear software on your wrist with the Moto 360 smartwatch.
It is now worth waiting how Motorola performs in their future projects.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists