Extreme Rules 2014: Where to Watch, Start Time, Updates and Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 5, 2014 9:14 AM EST
Tables, ladders, chairs and lots of pain is the name of the game in this year's edition of Extreme Rules. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan's title defense against the monster Kane serves as the main event of the match, but the other matches in store for Sunday's PPV event at East Rutherford are certainly worth watching for.
For the first time in his career, Bryan will defend his title on a PPV event against his former tag-team partner and current Director of Operation Kane.
As ordered by Stephanie McMahon, Kane decided to wear his mask back and unleash the tormented soul that lurks within his soul. The 7-foot, 323-pound monster has been an onslaught as of late, and on Sunday, he's expected to be even more hellish against Bryan in what could be a very brutal affair in the squared circle.
The feud between John Cena and Bray Wyatt continued to get out of their hands, and the steel cage would be a perfect venue to settle their differences once and for all.
Extreme Rules will also feature a Triple Threat match between Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger and Cesaro, while Big E Langston will slug it out with Bad News Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. In the distaff side, WWE Divas champion Paige will defend her crown against Tamina Snuka.
Perhaps the most interesting bout in the PPV event, The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose) will lock horns with the Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) in a Six-Man Tag Team showdown.
Batista, who ended his long absence in the WWE at Royal Rumble, will likely make his final PPV appearance as he will spend the next few months to promote his upcoming movie Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, the tables, ladders and chairs match between midgets El Torito and Hornswoggle would be a perfect opener in what could be a very exciting night for WWE fanatics.
Start Time and Updates
WWE Extreme Rules 2014 will start at 8:30 pm (US ET) or 10:30 am (Sydney Time) on Twitter&utm_campaign=Extreme Rules" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">WWE Pay-per-View. Live updates and play-by-play will be available on WWE Official Twitter account and DDT Fan Sided, while cards and results can be followed here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build