Extreme Rules 2014: Where to Watch, Start Time, Updates and Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 5, 2014 9:14 AM EST
Tables, ladders, chairs and lots of pain is the name of the game in this year's edition of Extreme Rules. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan's title defense against the monster Kane serves as the main event of the match, but the other matches in store for Sunday's PPV event at East Rutherford are certainly worth watching for.
For the first time in his career, Bryan will defend his title on a PPV event against his former tag-team partner and current Director of Operation Kane.
As ordered by Stephanie McMahon, Kane decided to wear his mask back and unleash the tormented soul that lurks within his soul. The 7-foot, 323-pound monster has been an onslaught as of late, and on Sunday, he's expected to be even more hellish against Bryan in what could be a very brutal affair in the squared circle.
The feud between John Cena and Bray Wyatt continued to get out of their hands, and the steel cage would be a perfect venue to settle their differences once and for all.
Extreme Rules will also feature a Triple Threat match between Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger and Cesaro, while Big E Langston will slug it out with Bad News Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. In the distaff side, WWE Divas champion Paige will defend her crown against Tamina Snuka.
Perhaps the most interesting bout in the PPV event, The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose) will lock horns with the Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) in a Six-Man Tag Team showdown.
Batista, who ended his long absence in the WWE at Royal Rumble, will likely make his final PPV appearance as he will spend the next few months to promote his upcoming movie Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, the tables, ladders and chairs match between midgets El Torito and Hornswoggle would be a perfect opener in what could be a very exciting night for WWE fanatics.
Start Time and Updates
WWE Extreme Rules 2014 will start at 8:30 pm (US ET) or 10:30 am (Sydney Time) on Twitter&utm_campaign=Extreme Rules" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">WWE Pay-per-View. Live updates and play-by-play will be available on WWE Official Twitter account and DDT Fan Sided, while cards and results can be followed here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best