Extreme Rules 2014: Where to Watch, Start Time, Updates and Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 5, 2014 9:14 AM EST
Tables, ladders, chairs and lots of pain is the name of the game in this year's edition of Extreme Rules. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan's title defense against the monster Kane serves as the main event of the match, but the other matches in store for Sunday's PPV event at East Rutherford are certainly worth watching for.
For the first time in his career, Bryan will defend his title on a PPV event against his former tag-team partner and current Director of Operation Kane.
As ordered by Stephanie McMahon, Kane decided to wear his mask back and unleash the tormented soul that lurks within his soul. The 7-foot, 323-pound monster has been an onslaught as of late, and on Sunday, he's expected to be even more hellish against Bryan in what could be a very brutal affair in the squared circle.
The feud between John Cena and Bray Wyatt continued to get out of their hands, and the steel cage would be a perfect venue to settle their differences once and for all.
Extreme Rules will also feature a Triple Threat match between Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Swagger and Cesaro, while Big E Langston will slug it out with Bad News Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. In the distaff side, WWE Divas champion Paige will defend her crown against Tamina Snuka.
Perhaps the most interesting bout in the PPV event, The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose) will lock horns with the Evolution (Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista) in a Six-Man Tag Team showdown.
Batista, who ended his long absence in the WWE at Royal Rumble, will likely make his final PPV appearance as he will spend the next few months to promote his upcoming movie Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.
Of course, the tables, ladders and chairs match between midgets El Torito and Hornswoggle would be a perfect opener in what could be a very exciting night for WWE fanatics.
Start Time and Updates
WWE Extreme Rules 2014 will start at 8:30 pm (US ET) or 10:30 am (Sydney Time) on Twitter&utm_campaign=Extreme Rules" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">WWE Pay-per-View. Live updates and play-by-play will be available on WWE Official Twitter account and DDT Fan Sided, while cards and results can be followed here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight