NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chandler Parsons Potential Trade Baits For Rockets To Get Rajon Rondo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 5, 2014 8:10 AM EST
Houston Rockets finished their season earlier than they expected, as the first year of Dwight Howard in Texas ended up in postseason disappointment at the hands of the Portland Trail Blazers.
Now with the offseason just around the corner, general manager Daryl Morey is expected to make necessary players movement in an attempt to form a squad ready to make a run deep into the postseason next year.
James Harden and Jeremy Lin will look to lead the Houston Rockets past the Oklahoma City Thunder
Despite having a talented pool of players, the Rockets will still have problems trading some of their players because of their bloated contracts.
Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik will soon get massive paychecks in the third and final year of their back-loaded contracts, but these two players are also the most likely candidates to be traded this summer.
According to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle, the Rockets are looking to get rid of the contract of Lin and Asik, though they would never let these players walk away without getting a solid player or an asset in return.
"That is less likely but definitely an option. It's less likely because if the Rockets are not using cap space on free-agent replacements, they would need talent back, making a deal much tougher to complete. Asik is certain to leave a year later. Lin might, though he seems far more comfortable with his role," Feigen stated in his report.
Sporting World Report doesn't rule out the possibility the Rockets revive their trade talks with the Boston Celtics for All-Star playmaker Rajon Rondo. Houston made a run for the two-time assists champion before the trade deadline, but their talks ended up in futility because of the Celtics' high asking price for the star player.
However, the Rockets could really make their trade offer more interesting, if they can put Asik, Lin and perhaps Chandler Parsons or first-round pick in the package.
Of course, the Rockets also have the option to pursue big-time free-agents such as LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, though pulling off another big coup as colossal as the Howard and Harden deal is going to be harder this year, with a multitude of teams - including big market contenders - looking to retool their lineup as well.
"A trade for Rajon Rondo could be in the cards and names like Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin or Chandler Parsons could be moving if GM Daryl Morey decides that's a better 2014 option than going after LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony when they become free agents this offseason," SWR reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy