Watch AB De Villiers Play One of the Great T20 Innings: RCB vs SRH Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 5, 2014 4:44 AM EST
AB De Villiers was unstoppable, and then some, as the Royal Challengers Bangalore pulled off an amazing victory over the Sunrisers Hyderabad in their IPL 2014 game at the Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday night.
SRH posted 155 for six in their 20 overs, with David Warner getting another half-century, and for much of the second innings, the Sunrisers looked like pulling off a big win in Bangalore.
However, De Villiers decided to unleash himself on the Sunrisers bowlers and IPL 2014, with the South African playing one of the all-time great innings in the IPL to take RCB a stunning victory.
"De Villiers is the best player in the world by far, he shows it again and again and it was a pleasure to watch this innings," RCB captain Virat Kohli said at the presentation ceremony. "Today was one of the days where we needed someone to win the game from a tough situation, it was one of the best T20 knocks I have seen.
"We thought their score was below par but both sets of bowlers did a tremendous job today. AB totally took the game away from them."
The Sunrisers bowlers did brilliantly well, but you know it is not going to be your day when Steyn goes for 24 runs courtesy that magical blade from De Villiers.
"I tried to rotate the bowlers according to the situation and did as best as we could, but you can't help it when someone plays an incredible knock, AB completely changed the game," SRH skipper Shikhar Dhawan said.
"We had a little half-chance, when a catch went over point, but we could not capitalise and after that the match was gone. The wicket didn't play as it usually does today, we thought we were about 10-15 runs short but we started off really well as a bowling unit, just disappointed we could not finish it off."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan