Watch AB De Villiers Play One of the Great T20 Innings: RCB vs SRH Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 5, 2014 4:44 AM EST
AB De Villiers was unstoppable, and then some, as the Royal Challengers Bangalore pulled off an amazing victory over the Sunrisers Hyderabad in their IPL 2014 game at the Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday night.
SRH posted 155 for six in their 20 overs, with David Warner getting another half-century, and for much of the second innings, the Sunrisers looked like pulling off a big win in Bangalore.
However, De Villiers decided to unleash himself on the Sunrisers bowlers and IPL 2014, with the South African playing one of the all-time great innings in the IPL to take RCB a stunning victory.
"De Villiers is the best player in the world by far, he shows it again and again and it was a pleasure to watch this innings," RCB captain Virat Kohli said at the presentation ceremony. "Today was one of the days where we needed someone to win the game from a tough situation, it was one of the best T20 knocks I have seen.
"We thought their score was below par but both sets of bowlers did a tremendous job today. AB totally took the game away from them."
The Sunrisers bowlers did brilliantly well, but you know it is not going to be your day when Steyn goes for 24 runs courtesy that magical blade from De Villiers.
"I tried to rotate the bowlers according to the situation and did as best as we could, but you can't help it when someone plays an incredible knock, AB completely changed the game," SRH skipper Shikhar Dhawan said.
"We had a little half-chance, when a catch went over point, but we could not capitalise and after that the match was gone. The wicket didn't play as it usually does today, we thought we were about 10-15 runs short but we started off really well as a bowling unit, just disappointed we could not finish it off."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories