Watch AB De Villiers Play One of the Great T20 Innings: RCB vs SRH Highlights
By Deepak Vikraman | May 5, 2014 4:44 AM EST
AB De Villiers was unstoppable, and then some, as the Royal Challengers Bangalore pulled off an amazing victory over the Sunrisers Hyderabad in their IPL 2014 game at the Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday night.
SRH posted 155 for six in their 20 overs, with David Warner getting another half-century, and for much of the second innings, the Sunrisers looked like pulling off a big win in Bangalore.
However, De Villiers decided to unleash himself on the Sunrisers bowlers and IPL 2014, with the South African playing one of the all-time great innings in the IPL to take RCB a stunning victory.
"De Villiers is the best player in the world by far, he shows it again and again and it was a pleasure to watch this innings," RCB captain Virat Kohli said at the presentation ceremony. "Today was one of the days where we needed someone to win the game from a tough situation, it was one of the best T20 knocks I have seen.
"We thought their score was below par but both sets of bowlers did a tremendous job today. AB totally took the game away from them."
The Sunrisers bowlers did brilliantly well, but you know it is not going to be your day when Steyn goes for 24 runs courtesy that magical blade from De Villiers.
"I tried to rotate the bowlers according to the situation and did as best as we could, but you can't help it when someone plays an incredible knock, AB completely changed the game," SRH skipper Shikhar Dhawan said.
"We had a little half-chance, when a catch went over point, but we could not capitalise and after that the match was gone. The wicket didn't play as it usually does today, we thought we were about 10-15 runs short but we started off really well as a bowling unit, just disappointed we could not finish it off."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Mayweather To Add $32 Million To Wealth Regardless Of Result Of Maidana Rematch
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List