Portugal Open Final: Tomas Berdych vs Carlos Berlocq Live Streaming Information
By Shruthi SU | May 4, 2014 10:46 PM EST
Top seed Tomas Berdych will face Carlos Berlocq in the Portugal Open final on Sunday, after a convincing victory over Victor Hanescu 6-2, 6-2 in the semifinals. This will be Berdych's third clay-court title, and the first since claiming the trophy in the 2009 BMW Open. It will also be his 22nd tour-level final overall.
Where to Watch Live
"It will be great," Berdych said. "It's always a pleasure to get to the final stages of the week in tournaments. I'm really looking forward to it."
The World no. 6 had an easy day out against Hanescu in the semis, after rather demanding previous rounds. He won with five aces and four break points on serve. The top Czech improved to 24-5 this season.
"I finally found the way I want to play," Berdych said. "This is how I want to prepare on the clay.
"I need days like these to work through, it's important to fight out of tough situations. That's why I'm here. I want to improve my clay game this week and I'm managing to put my game together."
Berdych leads the career head-to-heads against his Sunday's finalist 3-0, and will be looking forward to extend his success story.
"The first step is here, I'm in the final," Berdych added. "Now it would be really great to win this title."
Though Berlocq's plans will also sound similar, he had a tough task in the semis but came out triumphant against Daniel Gimeno-Traver, handing him a 6-7 (6), 2-6 defeat in 93 minutes.
"I am happy to win this semi-final," Berlocq stressed. "It was without a doubt a mental match. I fought hard with my beliefs. I felt my shots were tense in the tie-break and it's not easy to play with this wind, but the important thing is I played better than him and got the victory."
This will be the 31-year-old Argentine's third ATP World Tour final, having won only one in July last year at the Swedish Open.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales