Upcoming May Releases: 'Kochadaiiyaan', 'Heropanti' 'The Xpose', 'CityLights' and Others
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 4, 2014 10:30 PM EST
The first week of May has seen the releases of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", "Purani Jeans", "Kya Dilli Kya Lahore" and others. And in the coming weeks of the month, some more prominent films are lined up for release.
Facebook/Yeh Hai Bakrapur
Yeh Hai Bakrapur
On the second week of the month, 9 May, seven films have been pitched against each other, including the heavyweight "Kochadaiiyaan".
"Hawaa Hawaai": Directed by Amol Gupte, the film has Saqib Saleem, of "Mujhse Fraandship Karoge", playing the role of a skating coach to child actor Partho Gupte, who dares to dream big. The trailer, which was unveiled by veteran actress Sridevi, has received positive buzz.
"Kochadaiiyaan": Rajinikanth's animated flick has been in the news for a long time, for its motion capture technology, high-end budget, as well as the superstar's pairing with Deepika Padukone. Directed by the actor's daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth, the film has evoked strong expectations and is likely to have a massive opening.
"Mastram": The film is a fictional biography of a Hindi porn author, whose books were a rage during the 1980s and 90s in North India.
"Yeh Hai Bakrapur": The film's first trailer took everyone by surprise as it showed a goat playing a central character, called Shah Rukh. While the makers of social satire have denied any links with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, the film has been in the news for its hilarious story, where the pet goat becomes a celebrity overnight in a remote hamlet.
Along with these releases, another sports based film - "Khwaabb" - will also release the same day with other films "Koyelaanchal" and "Manjunath".
The following week of the month, 16 May, will have a comparatively lesser number of releases.
"The Xpose": Starring Himesh Reshammiya and rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh, the film is set in the 1960s and revolves around a murder mystery of an actress. Singh's debut film will have him in a negative role opposite Reshammiya, who lost twenty kilos for the role of the cop-turned-actor.
Other releases of the week are "M3 - Midsummer Midnight Mumbai" and "D Gangs of Mumbai".
The following week, on May 23, "Heropanti" is the sole release.
"Heropanti": The action-romance film is the debut flick of Jackie Shroff's son Tiger Shroff. The film has created strong hype with the newcomer's action sequences and lucid dance moves. Tiger will be seen opposite fellow debutant Kriti Sanon. The film could attract youth.
Finally nearly at the month end, 30 May, two films have been lined up.
"CityLights": National Award-winning pair of Hansal Mehta and Rajkumar Rao reunites for the drama, whose trailer has left a strong impression. An official remake of "Metro Manila", the film centres round Rao, a poor protagonist who shifts to the financial capital of India with his family, to earn a livelihood but is instead caught in difficult situations.
"Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi": The Ekta Kapoor film is a comedy caper with a fresh cast. The trailer provides a fun show and promises to be a quirky watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand