Upcoming May Releases: 'Kochadaiiyaan', 'Heropanti' 'The Xpose', 'CityLights' and Others
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 4, 2014 10:30 PM EST
The first week of May has seen the releases of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", "Purani Jeans", "Kya Dilli Kya Lahore" and others. And in the coming weeks of the month, some more prominent films are lined up for release.
Facebook/Yeh Hai Bakrapur
Yeh Hai Bakrapur
On the second week of the month, 9 May, seven films have been pitched against each other, including the heavyweight "Kochadaiiyaan".
"Hawaa Hawaai": Directed by Amol Gupte, the film has Saqib Saleem, of "Mujhse Fraandship Karoge", playing the role of a skating coach to child actor Partho Gupte, who dares to dream big. The trailer, which was unveiled by veteran actress Sridevi, has received positive buzz.
"Kochadaiiyaan": Rajinikanth's animated flick has been in the news for a long time, for its motion capture technology, high-end budget, as well as the superstar's pairing with Deepika Padukone. Directed by the actor's daughter Soundarya Rajinikanth, the film has evoked strong expectations and is likely to have a massive opening.
"Mastram": The film is a fictional biography of a Hindi porn author, whose books were a rage during the 1980s and 90s in North India.
"Yeh Hai Bakrapur": The film's first trailer took everyone by surprise as it showed a goat playing a central character, called Shah Rukh. While the makers of social satire have denied any links with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, the film has been in the news for its hilarious story, where the pet goat becomes a celebrity overnight in a remote hamlet.
Along with these releases, another sports based film - "Khwaabb" - will also release the same day with other films "Koyelaanchal" and "Manjunath".
The following week of the month, 16 May, will have a comparatively lesser number of releases.
"The Xpose": Starring Himesh Reshammiya and rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh, the film is set in the 1960s and revolves around a murder mystery of an actress. Singh's debut film will have him in a negative role opposite Reshammiya, who lost twenty kilos for the role of the cop-turned-actor.
Other releases of the week are "M3 - Midsummer Midnight Mumbai" and "D Gangs of Mumbai".
The following week, on May 23, "Heropanti" is the sole release.
"Heropanti": The action-romance film is the debut flick of Jackie Shroff's son Tiger Shroff. The film has created strong hype with the newcomer's action sequences and lucid dance moves. Tiger will be seen opposite fellow debutant Kriti Sanon. The film could attract youth.
Finally nearly at the month end, 30 May, two films have been lined up.
"CityLights": National Award-winning pair of Hansal Mehta and Rajkumar Rao reunites for the drama, whose trailer has left a strong impression. An official remake of "Metro Manila", the film centres round Rao, a poor protagonist who shifts to the financial capital of India with his family, to earn a livelihood but is instead caught in difficult situations.
"Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi": The Ekta Kapoor film is a comedy caper with a fresh cast. The trailer provides a fun show and promises to be a quirky watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List