Android v4.4.2 KitKat BAT Custom ROM Now Available for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 [Installation Tutorial]
By Rohit KVN | May 4, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4
For the uninitiated, BAT custom ROM can only be installed on GT-I9500, international Galaxy S4 variant. The new custom software is said to bring in many features, such as 4-ways reboot (reboot+recovery+hotbot+download) feature, secure Samsung Keyboard, option to skip tracks via volume rocker, launch camera while calling, Bypass Exchange lock check, unlimited & customizable multi-view support, notification panel customization, option to add call button to logs and contacts list, enable full rotation, set default browser view to desktop, Galaxy S5 app, Knox removed and lot more.
Pre-requisites (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in smartphones):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, once installed, smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can also be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This Android v4.4.2 BAT Custom ROM is for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 only. After rooting, Samsung Kies PC will no longer detect the phone.
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so make sure to back all your personal data.
- Users' phone must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery ( or TWRP) [To Download these tools, Click Here for CMR and here for TWRP]
- Remember to wipe Dalvik Cache before proceeding to ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (users can download, here)
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80-percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of the rooting of Android devices. If the step-by-step custom ROM installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers, if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android v4.4.2 KitKat BAT Custom ROM Installation Tutorial:
Step 1: Download Android v4.4.2 KitKat BAT Custom ROM through your computer
Step 2: Connect Sony Xperia SP to your PC via USB chord.
Step 3: Then, place .zip files of Android v4.4.2 BAT Custom ROM into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to paste the .zip files in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: turn-off the device and disconnect the phone from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie, by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockMod Recovery mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery mode]
Step 7: Now, empty the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or other errors ]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process .[Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) would take a minimum of five minutes to complete booting process. Users then head to Settings >> select About phone, to confirm the installation of custom Android v4.4.2 BAT Custom ROM .
[Credits: Team Android] (Ed: VP)
To contact the editor, e-mail: