Priyanka Chopra's Ex-Boyfriend Aseem Merchant Plans Controversial Film on Actress' Early Life; Will She React?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 4, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Priyanka Chopra's early life would soon materialise on celluloid, thanks to the actress' former flame Aseem Merchant.
Merchant, who dated Chopra for around two years during her modelling days, will make a biopic that will chronicle her early days in the showbiz. It will also focus on her stint with ex-manager Prakash Jaju, reported Mumbai Mirror.
It appears the film, which will be produced under Merchant's newly launched production house Limelight Motion Pictures, will be a controversial one.
It is well known that the former Miss World had a sore equation with Jaju, after he claimed that Chopra owed him a large sum. The situation worsened when the actress' late father Dr. Ashok Chopra filed a police complaint against the manager, citing false accusations and threatening of family members. Eventually Jaju was arrested in 2008 from his hiding and had to spend over two months behind bars.
Merchant, who has been in touch with Jaju, let out that he would work on the project, despite the actress' probable displeasure.
"My association with Priyanka is long over. I have started a company to make films. My second film may upset someone else," Merchant told the daily. He assured that the biopic would neither sensationalise nor fictionalise the story about the actress' initial years in the industry.
Even Jaju offered his support for the project.
"I'm fine with Aseem's film. It chronicles Priyanka's life from the day she entered the film industry till I was put in jail. There will be actors who portray Hema Malini, Sridevi and Jackie Shroff too since I handled their work, before turning into a fund manager. It was only because Priyanka's father insisted that I take up her work that I returned to Bollywood," Jaju stressed.
While reports about the biopic has been making buzz, the actress, who is otherwise quite active on social networking platforms, has not spoken up on the matter yet. It remains to be seen as to how she reacts to the controversial film, planned by her former boyfriend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga