Priyanka Chopra's Ex-Boyfriend Aseem Merchant Plans Controversial Film on Actress' Early Life; Will She React?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 4, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Priyanka Chopra's early life would soon materialise on celluloid, thanks to the actress' former flame Aseem Merchant.
Merchant, who dated Chopra for around two years during her modelling days, will make a biopic that will chronicle her early days in the showbiz. It will also focus on her stint with ex-manager Prakash Jaju, reported Mumbai Mirror.
It appears the film, which will be produced under Merchant's newly launched production house Limelight Motion Pictures, will be a controversial one.
It is well known that the former Miss World had a sore equation with Jaju, after he claimed that Chopra owed him a large sum. The situation worsened when the actress' late father Dr. Ashok Chopra filed a police complaint against the manager, citing false accusations and threatening of family members. Eventually Jaju was arrested in 2008 from his hiding and had to spend over two months behind bars.
Merchant, who has been in touch with Jaju, let out that he would work on the project, despite the actress' probable displeasure.
"My association with Priyanka is long over. I have started a company to make films. My second film may upset someone else," Merchant told the daily. He assured that the biopic would neither sensationalise nor fictionalise the story about the actress' initial years in the industry.
Even Jaju offered his support for the project.
"I'm fine with Aseem's film. It chronicles Priyanka's life from the day she entered the film industry till I was put in jail. There will be actors who portray Hema Malini, Sridevi and Jackie Shroff too since I handled their work, before turning into a fund manager. It was only because Priyanka's father insisted that I take up her work that I returned to Bollywood," Jaju stressed.
While reports about the biopic has been making buzz, the actress, who is otherwise quite active on social networking platforms, has not spoken up on the matter yet. It remains to be seen as to how she reacts to the controversial film, planned by her former boyfriend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28