Salman Khan Turns Lyricists for Item Song in 'No Entry Mein Entry'
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 4, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Superstar Salman Khan has showcased his creative side yet again as the actor turned lyricist for an item song in his upcoming film "No Entry Mein Entry" ("NEME").
The 48-year-old wrote a song, reportedly titled "Haath Na Lagana" for "NEME", with teenage music composer Palash Mucchal. The energetic and peppy track is understood to be the film's item number.
"Yes, I've composed a track for 'No Entry Mein Entry' which Salman sir has written. My sister Palak has sung it. I had strong views about refraining from doing item songs, but Salman sir convinced me to be open to all kinds of music. The song is an energetic dance number in the same vein as 'Munni Badnaam Hui'," Mucchal confirmed to Mumbai Mirror.
Salman has apparently been quite impressed with the 18-year-old composer, who has worked on films like "Bhoothnath Returns" and "Dishkiyaoon".
This is not the first time that the "Dabanng" star has ventured into the technical aspects of filmmaking. Apart from producing films, the actor also wrote the story for Anil Sharma's directorial dud "Veer" (2010).
Meanwhile, Salman has already allotted 134 days for Boney Kapoor's "NEME", which is expected to start rolling from January 2015. Anil Kapoor and Fardeen Khan from the original cast of "No Entry" will be retained for the sequel.
As for the female leads, Boney had let out that Bipasha Basu will be retained while Lara Dutta, Celina Jaitely and Esha Deol are also expected to be seen in the sequel.
Reports have also been buzzing that Sunny Leone could be roped in for the sequel, and the former adult star might get to romance Salman. But other reports claim that the actor could pick former "Bigg Boss" contestant Eli Avram instead.
Salman, along with Anil and Fardeen, will be seen in triple roles in the comedy caper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]