NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers, Thunder, Clippers Advance to Second Round
By Tarish Bhat | May 4, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Eastern Conference top seeds Indiana Pacers have advanced to the second round playoff series after beating Atlanta Hawks 80-92, in the seventh game of the postseason series.
Indiana Pacers celebrate after winning the seventh postseason game against Atlanta Hawks in the first round playoff series.
Indiana will play Washington Wizards in the second round series at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
In the decisive game, Paul George finished with the playoff career-high 30 points, while Lance Stephenson scored 19 points, 14 rebounds and five assists, and Roy Hibbert finished the game with 13 points and seven rebounds.
The teams exchanged leads seven times in the second quarter but the Pacers did not allow the Hawks to score in the final minutes of the first half, and took the lead with a 14-2 run. Atlanta never recovered after Indiana extend their lead with a 10-4 run in the second half.
Kyle Korver topscored for the Hawks with 19 points, while Paul Millsap finished with 15 points and 17 rebounds.
"We had a good number of very good looks, good opportunities, and that's a big part of the game," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "You have to make some shots, and tonight we weren't able to do it at the rate that we needed to."
In the second game of the day, Oklahoma City Thunder overpowered Memphis Grizzlies 120-109 in the seventh game of the first round Western Conference series.
Kevin Durant finished with 33 points and converted all five three-pointers, while Russell Westbrook scored 27 points, 10 rebounds and 16 assists.
The Grizzlies played without Zach Randolph as he was suspended for punching Steven Adams in the previous encounter. Marc Gasol was the topscorer with 24 points, Mike Conley added 20 points and nine assists, while Courtney Lee had 16 points.
Memphis started the game strongly and scored 36 points, and took a nine-point lead in the first quarter. OKC rallied in the second by scoring 10 straight points, and took a 61-58 lead at half time.
At one time in the third quarter, the Thunder increased their lead to 15 points but Gasol narrowed the lead to 13 points with three free throws. Oklahoma scored the next seven points to run away with the match.
"We came out ready to play," Tony Allen said. "We made a run, they made a run. Obviously, they capitalized in the second half. They kind of brought it to us in the second half and got the lead and we weren't able to recover after that."
In the final game of the day, Los Angeles Clippers prevailed over the Golden State Warriors 121-126, to book their second round postseason clash with Oklahoma.
The Warriors started the decider strongly, building a 10-point lead in the first quarter but the Clippers rallied in the second and third to build a three-point lead, heading into the final quarter.
Both teams were closely matched in the final run of play but the troubled Los Angeles edged Oklahoma to clinch the series 4-3.
Jamal Crawford finished the game with 22 points for the Clippers. Stephen Curry led the Warriors with 33 points and nine assists.
Catch Indiana Pacers v Atlanta Hawks Game 7 highlights here.
Catch Memphis Grizzlies v Oklahoma City Game 7 highlights here.
Catch Golden State v Los Angeles Clippers Game 7 highlights here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects