NBA Playoffs Results and Highlights: Pacers, Thunder, Clippers Advance to Second Round
By Tarish Bhat | May 4, 2014 4:52 PM EST
Eastern Conference top seeds Indiana Pacers have advanced to the second round playoff series after beating Atlanta Hawks 80-92, in the seventh game of the postseason series.
Indiana Pacers celebrate after winning the seventh postseason game against Atlanta Hawks in the first round playoff series.
Indiana will play Washington Wizards in the second round series at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
In the decisive game, Paul George finished with the playoff career-high 30 points, while Lance Stephenson scored 19 points, 14 rebounds and five assists, and Roy Hibbert finished the game with 13 points and seven rebounds.
The teams exchanged leads seven times in the second quarter but the Pacers did not allow the Hawks to score in the final minutes of the first half, and took the lead with a 14-2 run. Atlanta never recovered after Indiana extend their lead with a 10-4 run in the second half.
Kyle Korver topscored for the Hawks with 19 points, while Paul Millsap finished with 15 points and 17 rebounds.
"We had a good number of very good looks, good opportunities, and that's a big part of the game," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "You have to make some shots, and tonight we weren't able to do it at the rate that we needed to."
In the second game of the day, Oklahoma City Thunder overpowered Memphis Grizzlies 120-109 in the seventh game of the first round Western Conference series.
Kevin Durant finished with 33 points and converted all five three-pointers, while Russell Westbrook scored 27 points, 10 rebounds and 16 assists.
The Grizzlies played without Zach Randolph as he was suspended for punching Steven Adams in the previous encounter. Marc Gasol was the topscorer with 24 points, Mike Conley added 20 points and nine assists, while Courtney Lee had 16 points.
Memphis started the game strongly and scored 36 points, and took a nine-point lead in the first quarter. OKC rallied in the second by scoring 10 straight points, and took a 61-58 lead at half time.
At one time in the third quarter, the Thunder increased their lead to 15 points but Gasol narrowed the lead to 13 points with three free throws. Oklahoma scored the next seven points to run away with the match.
"We came out ready to play," Tony Allen said. "We made a run, they made a run. Obviously, they capitalized in the second half. They kind of brought it to us in the second half and got the lead and we weren't able to recover after that."
In the final game of the day, Los Angeles Clippers prevailed over the Golden State Warriors 121-126, to book their second round postseason clash with Oklahoma.
The Warriors started the decider strongly, building a 10-point lead in the first quarter but the Clippers rallied in the second and third to build a three-point lead, heading into the final quarter.
Both teams were closely matched in the final run of play but the troubled Los Angeles edged Oklahoma to clinch the series 4-3.
Jamal Crawford finished the game with 22 points for the Clippers. Stephen Curry led the Warriors with 33 points and nine assists.
Catch Indiana Pacers v Atlanta Hawks Game 7 highlights here.
Catch Memphis Grizzlies v Oklahoma City Game 7 highlights here.
Catch Golden State v Los Angeles Clippers Game 7 highlights here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown