Box Office: 'Race Gurram' Crosses ₹50-Crore Mark; Legend Earns over ₹37 Crore in 5 Weeks
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 4, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Allu Arjun's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has reportedly crossed the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
"Race Gurram" has already surpassed Prabha's "Mirchi" collections (₹47.45 crore), and is all set to beat Mahesh Babu-Venkatesh's "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" ("SVSC") figures, which stand at ₹51 crore.
The family entertainer has made it to the list of top 10 grossers in Tollywood, which has big films like "Attarintiki Daredi", "Magadheera", "Gabbar Singh", "Dookudu", "SVSC", "Mirchi", "Yevadu", "Baadshah" and "Naayak".
"Race Gurram" is Arjun's first film to enter the ₹50-crore club (worldwide share); a rare feat that only a very few Telugu heroes - including Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Pawan Kalyan and Ram Charan - have achieved.
The film has turned out to be the biggest hit of the year (so far), beating "Yevadu", which had raked in ₹47.1 crore in its full run at the worldwide box office. So far, "Race Gurram" has enjoyed a fantastic run but it remains to be seen how the film fares in the coming days due to new releases.
On Thursday (1 May), two new films - Allu Sirish's "Kotha Janta" and Nayanthara's "Nee Enge En Anbe" - will hit the screens. Both films received decent reviews and their performances might affect "Race Gurram" business. Moreover, Rajinikanth's "Vikramasimha" ("Kochadaiiyaan" in Tamil) is all set to hit the screens on Friday (9 May). The film will release on a massive scale, which would reduce the screen count for other releases, including "Race Gurram", and will cause a decline in their collections.
N Balakrishna's "Legend" is still running in theatres, even after five weeks of its release. The film has reportedly minted ₹37.95 crore worldwide (share) at the end of the fifth week, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" is one of the biggest hits in Balakrishna's career. The film, which released on 28 March, opened to good response at the box office. Though there have been several releases in the last month, "Legend" managed to hold on to some screens and scored decent collections.
The film failed to make it to the top 10 Telugu grossers list but it did enter the top 20 list. The Balakrishna starrer has reportedly taken the 16th spot, beating films such as "Pokkiri", "Arundati", "Dammu" and "Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged