Box Office: 'Race Gurram' Crosses ₹50-Crore Mark; Legend Earns over ₹37 Crore in 5 Weeks
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 4, 2014 4:34 PM EST
Allu Arjun's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has reportedly crossed the ₹50-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
"Race Gurram" has already surpassed Prabha's "Mirchi" collections (₹47.45 crore), and is all set to beat Mahesh Babu-Venkatesh's "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" ("SVSC") figures, which stand at ₹51 crore.
The family entertainer has made it to the list of top 10 grossers in Tollywood, which has big films like "Attarintiki Daredi", "Magadheera", "Gabbar Singh", "Dookudu", "SVSC", "Mirchi", "Yevadu", "Baadshah" and "Naayak".
"Race Gurram" is Arjun's first film to enter the ₹50-crore club (worldwide share); a rare feat that only a very few Telugu heroes - including Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Pawan Kalyan and Ram Charan - have achieved.
The film has turned out to be the biggest hit of the year (so far), beating "Yevadu", which had raked in ₹47.1 crore in its full run at the worldwide box office. So far, "Race Gurram" has enjoyed a fantastic run but it remains to be seen how the film fares in the coming days due to new releases.
On Thursday (1 May), two new films - Allu Sirish's "Kotha Janta" and Nayanthara's "Nee Enge En Anbe" - will hit the screens. Both films received decent reviews and their performances might affect "Race Gurram" business. Moreover, Rajinikanth's "Vikramasimha" ("Kochadaiiyaan" in Tamil) is all set to hit the screens on Friday (9 May). The film will release on a massive scale, which would reduce the screen count for other releases, including "Race Gurram", and will cause a decline in their collections.
N Balakrishna's "Legend" is still running in theatres, even after five weeks of its release. The film has reportedly minted ₹37.95 crore worldwide (share) at the end of the fifth week, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
"Legend" is one of the biggest hits in Balakrishna's career. The film, which released on 28 March, opened to good response at the box office. Though there have been several releases in the last month, "Legend" managed to hold on to some screens and scored decent collections.
The film failed to make it to the top 10 Telugu grossers list but it did enter the top 20 list. The Balakrishna starrer has reportedly taken the 16th spot, beating films such as "Pokkiri", "Arundati", "Dammu" and "Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate