Microsoft Rolls Out Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows 8.1
By Naveena Joy | May 4, 2014 2:45 PM EST
Microsoft has released the Remote Desktop app for Windows 8.1 to connect with Windows PC. In the previous year when it was launched for Android and iPhone users, the Windows Phone users were waiting for a word when their phone will be advanced with the Remote Desktop app.
Remote Desktop lets handset users to interact, connect and access resources from remote Window PCs. The app supports a "rich multitouch experience" according to the description. It uses RDP 8.1 and Remote FX to provide high quality video, graphic transfers and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage, while Network Layer Authentication (NLA) encrypts data to keep users information secure.
The application has been one of the most popular Windows Store apps among the users. The licensing requirements for these apps are complex. Microsoft has made Remote Desktop a unified store app as it can be installed on multiple devices under a single license although its listing on Windows and non-Windows devices is not yet clear.
The app can connect to Windows PCs running Windows Vista or higher and Windows Server 2003 or newer. Similar to the existing Remote Desktop apps, the Windows 8.1 preview version too is free. It is 1 MB in size and available in the Windows Phone Store.
The Remote Desktop preview app is available in stores for users with Windows 8.1 installed on their handsets. This is to remind that Windows Phone 8.1 is available in developer preview form only at this time. There is no confirmation by the Microsoft officials as to when compatible versions for the new and existing Windows Phone 8 will come, probably, starting this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe