Microsoft Rolls Out Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows 8.1
By Naveena Joy | May 4, 2014 2:45 PM EST
Microsoft has released the Remote Desktop app for Windows 8.1 to connect with Windows PC. In the previous year when it was launched for Android and iPhone users, the Windows Phone users were waiting for a word when their phone will be advanced with the Remote Desktop app.
Remote Desktop lets handset users to interact, connect and access resources from remote Window PCs. The app supports a "rich multitouch experience" according to the description. It uses RDP 8.1 and Remote FX to provide high quality video, graphic transfers and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage, while Network Layer Authentication (NLA) encrypts data to keep users information secure.
The application has been one of the most popular Windows Store apps among the users. The licensing requirements for these apps are complex. Microsoft has made Remote Desktop a unified store app as it can be installed on multiple devices under a single license although its listing on Windows and non-Windows devices is not yet clear.
The app can connect to Windows PCs running Windows Vista or higher and Windows Server 2003 or newer. Similar to the existing Remote Desktop apps, the Windows 8.1 preview version too is free. It is 1 MB in size and available in the Windows Phone Store.
The Remote Desktop preview app is available in stores for users with Windows 8.1 installed on their handsets. This is to remind that Windows Phone 8.1 is available in developer preview form only at this time. There is no confirmation by the Microsoft officials as to when compatible versions for the new and existing Windows Phone 8 will come, probably, starting this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage