Microsoft Rolls Out Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows 8.1
By Naveena Joy | May 4, 2014 2:45 PM EST
Microsoft has released the Remote Desktop app for Windows 8.1 to connect with Windows PC. In the previous year when it was launched for Android and iPhone users, the Windows Phone users were waiting for a word when their phone will be advanced with the Remote Desktop app.
Remote Desktop lets handset users to interact, connect and access resources from remote Window PCs. The app supports a "rich multitouch experience" according to the description. It uses RDP 8.1 and Remote FX to provide high quality video, graphic transfers and sound streaming with improved compression and bandwidth usage, while Network Layer Authentication (NLA) encrypts data to keep users information secure.
The application has been one of the most popular Windows Store apps among the users. The licensing requirements for these apps are complex. Microsoft has made Remote Desktop a unified store app as it can be installed on multiple devices under a single license although its listing on Windows and non-Windows devices is not yet clear.
The app can connect to Windows PCs running Windows Vista or higher and Windows Server 2003 or newer. Similar to the existing Remote Desktop apps, the Windows 8.1 preview version too is free. It is 1 MB in size and available in the Windows Phone Store.
The Remote Desktop preview app is available in stores for users with Windows 8.1 installed on their handsets. This is to remind that Windows Phone 8.1 is available in developer preview form only at this time. There is no confirmation by the Microsoft officials as to when compatible versions for the new and existing Windows Phone 8 will come, probably, starting this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related