Michael Schumacher Coma Recovery Still Embraced With Optimism By Family Members
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 4, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has remained in medically induced coma more than three months since suffering a serious head injury from a skiing accident. However, his manager stated that his loved ones are optimistic the most popular car racer in the world will recover soon.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently denied reports that the seven-time formula one champion has already waken up from coma, stressing there's no truth to the rumors, but Schumi's family is confident his health will progress soon.
"We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up," Sabine Kehm told Bild.de a few days ago, referring to what his family is going through, according to a German translation on Epoch Times last Thursday.
Several days ago, a report on Russia Today's Spanish website cited Kehm as the one who confirmed that Schumacher is already awake. According to the news, Schumi's manager allegedly claimed that the driver has already recovered from coma and even recognized his wife.
However, Bild.de journalist Nicola Pohl cleared there no truth to the report. RT also backed up this statement by saying the previous report on their Spanish-language site is questionable.
"No, it's NOT true!" Kehm wrote on Twitter. "Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL."
Despite her denial of the latest report, Kehm nevertheless cleared that Schumacher's status has been improving for these past few weeks. In early April, the manager said the German car racer had short moment of consciousness while in coma.
"There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress," Kehm told the Daily Telegraph. "There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious."
"Of course I am not a doctor, but medically, there is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings.
"I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Andy Murray, Ana Ivanovic, And Other Tennis Stars Arrive In Manila For The IPTL; Murray Meets Manny Pacquiao
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones