Michael Schumacher Coma Recovery Still Embraced With Optimism By Family Members
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 4, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has remained in medically induced coma more than three months since suffering a serious head injury from a skiing accident. However, his manager stated that his loved ones are optimistic the most popular car racer in the world will recover soon.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently denied reports that the seven-time formula one champion has already waken up from coma, stressing there's no truth to the rumors, but Schumi's family is confident his health will progress soon.
"We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up," Sabine Kehm told Bild.de a few days ago, referring to what his family is going through, according to a German translation on Epoch Times last Thursday.
Several days ago, a report on Russia Today's Spanish website cited Kehm as the one who confirmed that Schumacher is already awake. According to the news, Schumi's manager allegedly claimed that the driver has already recovered from coma and even recognized his wife.
However, Bild.de journalist Nicola Pohl cleared there no truth to the report. RT also backed up this statement by saying the previous report on their Spanish-language site is questionable.
"No, it's NOT true!" Kehm wrote on Twitter. "Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL."
Despite her denial of the latest report, Kehm nevertheless cleared that Schumacher's status has been improving for these past few weeks. In early April, the manager said the German car racer had short moment of consciousness while in coma.
"There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress," Kehm told the Daily Telegraph. "There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious."
"Of course I am not a doctor, but medically, there is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings.
"I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices