Michael Schumacher Coma Recovery Still Embraced With Optimism By Family Members
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 4, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has remained in medically induced coma more than three months since suffering a serious head injury from a skiing accident. However, his manager stated that his loved ones are optimistic the most popular car racer in the world will recover soon.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently denied reports that the seven-time formula one champion has already waken up from coma, stressing there's no truth to the rumors, but Schumi's family is confident his health will progress soon.
"We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up," Sabine Kehm told Bild.de a few days ago, referring to what his family is going through, according to a German translation on Epoch Times last Thursday.
Several days ago, a report on Russia Today's Spanish website cited Kehm as the one who confirmed that Schumacher is already awake. According to the news, Schumi's manager allegedly claimed that the driver has already recovered from coma and even recognized his wife.
However, Bild.de journalist Nicola Pohl cleared there no truth to the report. RT also backed up this statement by saying the previous report on their Spanish-language site is questionable.
"No, it's NOT true!" Kehm wrote on Twitter. "Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL."
Despite her denial of the latest report, Kehm nevertheless cleared that Schumacher's status has been improving for these past few weeks. In early April, the manager said the German car racer had short moment of consciousness while in coma.
"There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress," Kehm told the Daily Telegraph. "There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious."
"Of course I am not a doctor, but medically, there is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings.
"I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks