Michael Schumacher Coma Recovery Still Embraced With Optimism By Family Members
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 4, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has remained in medically induced coma more than three months since suffering a serious head injury from a skiing accident. However, his manager stated that his loved ones are optimistic the most popular car racer in the world will recover soon.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently denied reports that the seven-time formula one champion has already waken up from coma, stressing there's no truth to the rumors, but Schumi's family is confident his health will progress soon.
"We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up," Sabine Kehm told Bild.de a few days ago, referring to what his family is going through, according to a German translation on Epoch Times last Thursday.
Several days ago, a report on Russia Today's Spanish website cited Kehm as the one who confirmed that Schumacher is already awake. According to the news, Schumi's manager allegedly claimed that the driver has already recovered from coma and even recognized his wife.
However, Bild.de journalist Nicola Pohl cleared there no truth to the report. RT also backed up this statement by saying the previous report on their Spanish-language site is questionable.
"No, it's NOT true!" Kehm wrote on Twitter. "Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL."
Despite her denial of the latest report, Kehm nevertheless cleared that Schumacher's status has been improving for these past few weeks. In early April, the manager said the German car racer had short moment of consciousness while in coma.
"There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress," Kehm told the Daily Telegraph. "There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious."
"Of course I am not a doctor, but medically, there is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings.
"I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8