Michael Schumacher Coma Recovery Still Embraced With Optimism By Family Members
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 4, 2014 5:02 AM EST
Formula One legend Michael Schumacher has remained in medically induced coma more than three months since suffering a serious head injury from a skiing accident. However, his manager stated that his loved ones are optimistic the most popular car racer in the world will recover soon.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm recently denied reports that the seven-time formula one champion has already waken up from coma, stressing there's no truth to the rumors, but Schumi's family is confident his health will progress soon.
"We remain confident that Michael Schumacher will make it through and wake up," Sabine Kehm told Bild.de a few days ago, referring to what his family is going through, according to a German translation on Epoch Times last Thursday.
Several days ago, a report on Russia Today's Spanish website cited Kehm as the one who confirmed that Schumacher is already awake. According to the news, Schumi's manager allegedly claimed that the driver has already recovered from coma and even recognized his wife.
However, Bild.de journalist Nicola Pohl cleared there no truth to the report. RT also backed up this statement by saying the previous report on their Spanish-language site is questionable.
"No, it's NOT true!" Kehm wrote on Twitter. "Schumacher awake? Sorry, but those Rumors from Spain apparently not true. Kehm just texted me she hadn't confirmed anything to RTL."
Despite her denial of the latest report, Kehm nevertheless cleared that Schumacher's status has been improving for these past few weeks. In early April, the manager said the German car racer had short moment of consciousness while in coma.
"There are short moments of consciousness and he is showing small signs of progress," Kehm told the Daily Telegraph. "There are moments when he is awake and moments when he is conscious."
"Of course I am not a doctor, but medically, there is a distinction between being awake and being conscious, the latter meaning there is an ability to interact with his surroundings.
"I don't want to disclose details out of respect for the family, but we have no doubt at all in the abilities of the doctors treating Michael, they are experts in their field."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge