Watch Big Race from Churchill Downs: Kentucky Derby 2014 Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | May 4, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby takes place on Saturday evening with another race for the ages looking likely at Churchill Downs.
Where to Watch Live
The race is scheduled for a 6.24 pm ET (3.54 am IST, 11.24 pm BST) start with live coverage on NBC in the US from 4-7 pm. The race action can also be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE. Catch the action in the UK through Racing UK HERE, while viewers in Australia can live stream the Derby HERE.
California Chrome will start the race as the favourite, with the thoroughbred, who cost owners, far from household names, very little, looking to write a little bit of a horseracing fairy tale. California Chrome is unbeaten as a three-year old, with the colt's overall record standing at an impressive six wins in ten races, including a second-place finish as well.
"He's the workingman's horse," owner Steve Coburn was quoted as saying by KCRA. "Everybody who's had to struggle once in a while or had something bad happen in their life, they appreciate him more than those people who have pockets so deep they have no problem throwing money away.
The Derby is again expected to lightning fast, with plenty of quick pace-setters, and it remains to be seen just how the favourite copes with everything that comes with such a big race, a race which has 19 horses vying for one of the biggest prizes in the sport.
"There's a lot of speed inside," said trainer Todd Pletcher, who has four starters. "I expect it to be quick."
There is a slight chance of showers on Saturday, with temperatures expected to be somewhere in the 70s, perfect running weather, according to California Chrome's trainer Art Sherman.
"I like it fine," said Sherman, whose horse picked up the favourites tag with wins in the Santa Anita Derby and San Felipe Stakes. "[Jockey] Victor [Espinoza] says he likes it. Says he won the Kentucky Derby from [gate] five [in 2002]. I'm happy and I feel no pressure."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'