Watch Big Race from Churchill Downs: Kentucky Derby 2014 Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | May 4, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby takes place on Saturday evening with another race for the ages looking likely at Churchill Downs.
Where to Watch Live
The race is scheduled for a 6.24 pm ET (3.54 am IST, 11.24 pm BST) start with live coverage on NBC in the US from 4-7 pm. The race action can also be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE. Catch the action in the UK through Racing UK HERE, while viewers in Australia can live stream the Derby HERE.
California Chrome will start the race as the favourite, with the thoroughbred, who cost owners, far from household names, very little, looking to write a little bit of a horseracing fairy tale. California Chrome is unbeaten as a three-year old, with the colt's overall record standing at an impressive six wins in ten races, including a second-place finish as well.
"He's the workingman's horse," owner Steve Coburn was quoted as saying by KCRA. "Everybody who's had to struggle once in a while or had something bad happen in their life, they appreciate him more than those people who have pockets so deep they have no problem throwing money away.
The Derby is again expected to lightning fast, with plenty of quick pace-setters, and it remains to be seen just how the favourite copes with everything that comes with such a big race, a race which has 19 horses vying for one of the biggest prizes in the sport.
"There's a lot of speed inside," said trainer Todd Pletcher, who has four starters. "I expect it to be quick."
There is a slight chance of showers on Saturday, with temperatures expected to be somewhere in the 70s, perfect running weather, according to California Chrome's trainer Art Sherman.
"I like it fine," said Sherman, whose horse picked up the favourites tag with wins in the Santa Anita Derby and San Felipe Stakes. "[Jockey] Victor [Espinoza] says he likes it. Says he won the Kentucky Derby from [gate] five [in 2002]. I'm happy and I feel no pressure."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown