Watch Big Race from Churchill Downs: Kentucky Derby 2014 Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | May 4, 2014 4:58 AM EST
The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby takes place on Saturday evening with another race for the ages looking likely at Churchill Downs.
Where to Watch Live
The race is scheduled for a 6.24 pm ET (3.54 am IST, 11.24 pm BST) start with live coverage on NBC in the US from 4-7 pm. The race action can also be watched via live streaming online in the US HERE or HERE. Catch the action in the UK through Racing UK HERE, while viewers in Australia can live stream the Derby HERE.
California Chrome will start the race as the favourite, with the thoroughbred, who cost owners, far from household names, very little, looking to write a little bit of a horseracing fairy tale. California Chrome is unbeaten as a three-year old, with the colt's overall record standing at an impressive six wins in ten races, including a second-place finish as well.
"He's the workingman's horse," owner Steve Coburn was quoted as saying by KCRA. "Everybody who's had to struggle once in a while or had something bad happen in their life, they appreciate him more than those people who have pockets so deep they have no problem throwing money away.
The Derby is again expected to lightning fast, with plenty of quick pace-setters, and it remains to be seen just how the favourite copes with everything that comes with such a big race, a race which has 19 horses vying for one of the biggest prizes in the sport.
"There's a lot of speed inside," said trainer Todd Pletcher, who has four starters. "I expect it to be quick."
There is a slight chance of showers on Saturday, with temperatures expected to be somewhere in the 70s, perfect running weather, according to California Chrome's trainer Art Sherman.
"I like it fine," said Sherman, whose horse picked up the favourites tag with wins in the Santa Anita Derby and San Felipe Stakes. "[Jockey] Victor [Espinoza] says he likes it. Says he won the Kentucky Derby from [gate] five [in 2002]. I'm happy and I feel no pressure."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal