Wolfenstein: The New Order PC Version System Requirements Detailed, Requires 50GB of Free Space
By Aditya Bhat | May 3, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Bethesda Softworks' upcoming FPS title, Wolfenstein: The New Order, based on alternate history where the Nazis win the World War II instead of the Allies and puts the player in the shoes of sergeant protagonist William "B.J." Blazkowicz, tasked with an uphill job of countering the Nazis.
Wolfenstein: The New Order will release on 20 May. (wolfenstein)
GTA 5 Unruffled by GameSpy Shutdown but Other Rockstar Games Unlikely; Developer Verifies 4 New Online Jobs
New details have emerged on the PC requirements for the PC version of this amazing looking game. "The system requirements are based on the game being a next-gen experience running at 60fps," said Bethesda in a blog post.
Below is the breakdown of the PC system requirements (Bethlog):
Pc System Requirements
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
- Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
- 4 GB System RAM
- 50GB free HDD space
- GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Steam account and activation required
Apart from the PC, the publisher revealed requirements for the consoles too. But players will have to make sure that they free up 50GB of the hard disk space when installing Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Below are the requirements for the console editions:
- Hard Drive requirements for disc play: 8GB HDD space
- Hard Drive requirements for PlayStation Network download: 17GB HDD space
- Hard Drive Requirements: 47GB total install
- Voice Commands optional
- Hard Drive requirements: 8GB minimum
- Game includes 4 discs, including the first disc that is a mandatory installation disc.
- Hard Drive requirements: 47GB total install
- Kinect support for Voice Commands (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish only)
Players will be battling not only the Nazis, but also their war machines like super weapons, mechs and other advanced machinery.
This video game which is being developed by MachineGames will be running on id Tech 5 engine. It will be releasing on 20 May 2014 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS