Wolfenstein: The New Order PC Version System Requirements Detailed, Requires 50GB of Free Space
By Aditya Bhat | May 3, 2014 11:03 PM EST
Bethesda Softworks' upcoming FPS title, Wolfenstein: The New Order, based on alternate history where the Nazis win the World War II instead of the Allies and puts the player in the shoes of sergeant protagonist William "B.J." Blazkowicz, tasked with an uphill job of countering the Nazis.
Wolfenstein: The New Order will release on 20 May. (wolfenstein)
GTA 5 Unruffled by GameSpy Shutdown but Other Rockstar Games Unlikely; Developer Verifies 4 New Online Jobs
New details have emerged on the PC requirements for the PC version of this amazing looking game. "The system requirements are based on the game being a next-gen experience running at 60fps," said Bethesda in a blog post.
Below is the breakdown of the PC system requirements (Bethlog):
Pc System Requirements
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
- Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
- 4 GB System RAM
- 50GB free HDD space
- GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Steam account and activation required
Apart from the PC, the publisher revealed requirements for the consoles too. But players will have to make sure that they free up 50GB of the hard disk space when installing Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Below are the requirements for the console editions:
- Hard Drive requirements for disc play: 8GB HDD space
- Hard Drive requirements for PlayStation Network download: 17GB HDD space
- Hard Drive Requirements: 47GB total install
- Voice Commands optional
- Hard Drive requirements: 8GB minimum
- Game includes 4 discs, including the first disc that is a mandatory installation disc.
- Hard Drive requirements: 47GB total install
- Kinect support for Voice Commands (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish only)
Players will be battling not only the Nazis, but also their war machines like super weapons, mechs and other advanced machinery.
This video game which is being developed by MachineGames will be running on id Tech 5 engine. It will be releasing on 20 May 2014 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies