Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Expected This Month; Nexus Models and Google Play Editions to Get Upgrade
By Raymond Ronamai | May 3, 2014 11:00 PM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat update for several smartphones, including Nexus models and Google Play editions of several smartphone makers like Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Motorola is expected this month though its release date is not known yet.
Screenshot from Google website
The much-awaited firmware, which will enhance performance of smartphones and fix bugs like reboots and problems with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, is likely to roll out this month, according to HTC ROM developer and leakster, LLabTooFeR.
@Daniel_aka_WMR2 Should be this month
— LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) May 2, 2014
"KTU84F should be final Android 4.4.3 build. It's coming on Nexus and Google Play edition devices soon," LLabTooFeR had tweeted last month. The leakster also claimed on its website last month that "Android 4.4.3 (KTU84F) is under final tests and latest flagships like M8 and M7 will get 4.4.3 in near future."
Here is list of devices Android 4.4.3 KitKat update may be made available:
Nexus: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10
Samsung: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Tab 4, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Tab Pro 10.1, Tab Pro 12.2.
Motorola: Moto X, Moto G, Moto G Google Play edition
HTC: HTC One M8, HTC One M7, HTC One M8 Google Play edition
Sony: Xperia Z Ultra Google Play edition, Xperia Z2 Google Play edition, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet.
LG: The LG G2, G Pad 8.3, LG G3
Image credit: Screenshot from Google website
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown