Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG India Launch on 15 May
By greeshma m | May 3, 2014 8:10 PM EST
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch it's third AMG model, ML 63 AMG in India on 15 May, says a new report.
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Mercedes' 15 May event will be held at company's AMG Performance Centre in Delhi in the presence of Eberhard Kern, managing director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, according to a report by Auto Car India..
The ML 63 AMG, the stylish SUV packs 5.5 litre V8 Bi-Turbo engine under the hood, which can generate a power of 525 hp and a peak torque of 700 Nm. It comes mated with an AMG Speedshift 7G-Tronic automatic transmission, which can attain 0 to 100 kmph in 4.8 seconds and offers a top speed of 250 kmph. When launched, Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG will be pitted against the Range Rover Sport.
Mercedes Benz sells a wide range of cars in India, such as A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG. Beside S Class, Mercedes also assembles E-Class, C-Class, GL-Class and the M-Class models locally in India. The company has also started assembling its S Class model locally in India (at their Chakan plant in Pune).
Recently, the company launched its 2014 GL63 AMG in India at ₹1.66 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai). Powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine, which can generate 565 PS of power and 760 Nm of torque, the GL63 AMG comes with a standard 3 year warranty without mileage limitations and can accelerate 0-100kmph in only 5.5 seconds.
The vehicle is capable of attaining top speed of 250 kmph and comes with three driving modes - comfort, manual and sport. The GL63 AMG is brought to India via the CBU (Completely Built-up Unit) route.
Image credit: Mercedes-Benz India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide