Tata Motors Witnesses Downfall of 34 Percent in April
By greeshma m | May 3, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Tata Motors total sales in India stood at 33,892 units for the month of April, registering a downfall of 34 percent as against the 51,160 vehicles sold in April last year.
The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 30,670 units in April 2014, from 47,595 units in the corresponding month last year. While the sales figure of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars stood at 5,653 units, the company sold 1,788 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles last month.
The domestic sales of the commercial vehicle segment declined by 36 percent to 23,229 units from 36,025 units in the corresponding month of the previous year.
Tata Motors, which has been staying away from new releases in the country, is gearing up for a comeback with the launch of its Zest and Bolt. Both the vehicles which were first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 are expected to make the domestic entry around the festive season this year.
Tata Bolt will be offered in both petrol and engine options. While the petrol model of the Bolt will come with the 1.2 liter Revotron turbo petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 84 bhp at 5000 rpm and a torque of 140 Nm of 1750-3500 rpm, the diesel version of the car will pack 1.3 liter Multijet diesel motor.
On the other hand, Tata Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140 Nm 1750-3000 RPM. The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports