Tata Motors Witnesses Downfall of 34 Percent in April
By greeshma m | May 3, 2014 7:29 PM EST
Tata Motors total sales in India stood at 33,892 units for the month of April, registering a downfall of 34 percent as against the 51,160 vehicles sold in April last year.
The domestic passenger vehicle sales of Tata plunged to 30,670 units in April 2014, from 47,595 units in the corresponding month last year. While the sales figure of Nano, Indica and Indigo cars stood at 5,653 units, the company sold 1,788 units of Sumo, Safari, Aria and Venture vehicles last month.
The domestic sales of the commercial vehicle segment declined by 36 percent to 23,229 units from 36,025 units in the corresponding month of the previous year.
Tata Motors, which has been staying away from new releases in the country, is gearing up for a comeback with the launch of its Zest and Bolt. Both the vehicles which were first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 are expected to make the domestic entry around the festive season this year.
Tata Bolt will be offered in both petrol and engine options. While the petrol model of the Bolt will come with the 1.2 liter Revotron turbo petrol engine, which can churn out a power of 84 bhp at 5000 rpm and a torque of 140 Nm of 1750-3500 rpm, the diesel version of the car will pack 1.3 liter Multijet diesel motor.
On the other hand, Tata Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140 Nm 1750-3000 RPM. The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6