Snapchat Has Two New Features: Chat And Video
By Naveena Joy | May 3, 2014 5:29 PM EST
Snapshot, the photo-messaging app, has gotten a bit more interesting by updating two very useful features: the ability to chat via text messaging and video chatting.
These features allow users to do more than share images and videos but especially support users who spend enough time on communicating with friends all the time.
"Until today, we felt that Snapchat was missing an important part of conversation: presence," the company wrote on its blog.
"There's nothing like knowing you have the full attention of your friend while you're chatting. We could not be more thrilled to announce Chat."
To start using this updated Snapchat, here are few steps:
1. Ensure the Snapchat app is up-to-date. If there is any snap unopened then look at them otherwise after the update there will be no snap to view.
2. After the update, the contact list on the device will show who is using this app and has sent any message. A blue chat bubble appears on the person who wants to chat. To view the conversation, swipe right.
3. In opening the chat room, it uses the same in-app symbols to show when someone has opened or screen shotted snaps. If a particular sentence needs to be saved within the chats then tap it. The text in question will be highlighted in gray and the font will change.
4. Live chat via video or text depends on the button above the keyboard. When it's yellow, then the app is not open or the snap buddies are not online at the same time. At this time, snaps can be sent through text by tapping the yellow button or by the "send" button.
5. When it's blue, both the snap buddies need to hold fingers down on the button to video chat.
6. That's when a bubble will pop up on the screen.
The drawback of this app is that the finger should be tapped on the screen to keep the conversation on. That is far from "free-flowing" conversation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best