iPhone 6 Release Date Delayed as OS X 10.10 Will Star WWDC 2014
By Kristin Dian Mariano | May 3, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Consumers may have to wait longer as it seems that iPhone 6 release date will not happen anytime soon.
It was initially speculated that the rumoured iPhone 6 will be launched in this year's Worldwide Developers' Conference, which will held on June 2-6. The WWDC was the original launch window of iPhone before Apple decided to push its release in September during the time of iPhone 4S. However, 9to5Mac editor Mark Gurman cited a source close to Apple who said that main topic of the June conference, allegedly, will be a new OS X 10.10 edition of the desktop platform.
According to iOSDoc.com, "The update should bring a significant upgrade to the appearance of the operating system. The transformation will not be as thoroughgoing as with iOS 7, but OS X will feature flatter elements, transparency and frosted glass effects, white textures instead of the current icons. According to Gourmet, the familiar elements of the desktop OS like Finder, Mission Control and multitasking will remain intact - in Apple does not plan to carry the principles of the iOS over the OS X."
OS X taking the limelight in this year's event is due to the serious redesign of Mac operating system as well as the shift in focus to Apple's Mac and MacBooks. The name of the upcoming desktop OS is not yet known. However, grapevine said that it will be called OS X Yosemite, after the Yosemite National Park. The release of the new OS X edition is expected in the fall, along with the new Mac models.
Meanwhile, Apple keeps its mouth shut and was careful in not revealing the specs and features of the new iPhone 6. However, Reuters got hold of information that the Cupertino-based company was prepping for two variants of iPhone 6.
One of the models will pack a 4.7 inches screen panel and will succeed the iPhone 5S. The other variant will sport a 5.5 inch screen display and will be the first ever phablet of Apple. Other rumoured features of the Apple handset are A8 processor, iOS 8, and TouchID fingerprint sensor. The handset will most probably be released in September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates