‘General Hospital’ Casting Update and Spoilers: ‘The Young and the Restless’ Star Michelle Stafford Joins the show as Nina Clay, What is in Store for Silas?
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 3, 2014 8:58 AM EST
She is not dead. Nina Clay is alive. "General Hospital" unveils another shocking update for the month of May. Silas Clay's wife Nina is not only alive, but she woke up out of the coma. Michelle Stafford, who played the character of Phyllis Summers in "The Young and the Restless," joins "General Hospital" as Nina.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, Michelle Stafford announced in 2013 that she was ready to part ways with the show as rumours of disagreements with producer Jill Farren Phelps surfaced. The writers at "The Young and The Restless" finished Michelle's character by putting her in a coma state. Now, she is out from her coma in Port Charles.
"General Hospital" head writer Ron Carlivati talks to Daytime Confidential about Michelle as Nina.
"GH has been on hiatus for the past two weeks and Michelle doesn't really start taping until we resume. But we realized that as soon as she did, the news would be out there long before her episodes began airing. It was actually Frank's idea to try to slip her into an earlier show that had already been written and shot, so we could take everyone by surprise. So he snuck her into the studio recently, at the end of the day, to tape the one scene you just saw. That was inserted after the fact. We've been sweating it out ever since that it would stay under wrap," says Ron.
Madeline informs Detective Nathan West that his sister Nina Clay is alive and in a coma. The episode concludes with a shot of Nina and she is none other than Michelle Stafford.
Nina comes out of her coma and calls out for Silas Clay her husband. Silas believes that Nina is dead and currently dating Sam Morgan.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, "The Young and The Restless" star Jill Farren Phelps is the reason stars and other important team members are quitting the show. Rumours have been circulating that Billy Miller or Michael Muhney, recent casualties of Jill may join "General Hospital" and play the character of Jason Morgan. The character is set to return soon in the show.
Either Billy or Michael can play the part of Jason in "General Hospital."
What is in store for Silas Clay who is already in a relationship with Sam Morgan?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal