‘General Hospital’ Casting Update and Spoilers: ‘The Young and the Restless’ Star Michelle Stafford Joins the show as Nina Clay, What is in Store for Silas?
By Tarun Mazumdar | May 3, 2014 8:58 AM EST
She is not dead. Nina Clay is alive. "General Hospital" unveils another shocking update for the month of May. Silas Clay's wife Nina is not only alive, but she woke up out of the coma. Michelle Stafford, who played the character of Phyllis Summers in "The Young and the Restless," joins "General Hospital" as Nina.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, Michelle Stafford announced in 2013 that she was ready to part ways with the show as rumours of disagreements with producer Jill Farren Phelps surfaced. The writers at "The Young and The Restless" finished Michelle's character by putting her in a coma state. Now, she is out from her coma in Port Charles.
"General Hospital" head writer Ron Carlivati talks to Daytime Confidential about Michelle as Nina.
"GH has been on hiatus for the past two weeks and Michelle doesn't really start taping until we resume. But we realized that as soon as she did, the news would be out there long before her episodes began airing. It was actually Frank's idea to try to slip her into an earlier show that had already been written and shot, so we could take everyone by surprise. So he snuck her into the studio recently, at the end of the day, to tape the one scene you just saw. That was inserted after the fact. We've been sweating it out ever since that it would stay under wrap," says Ron.
Madeline informs Detective Nathan West that his sister Nina Clay is alive and in a coma. The episode concludes with a shot of Nina and she is none other than Michelle Stafford.
Nina comes out of her coma and calls out for Silas Clay her husband. Silas believes that Nina is dead and currently dating Sam Morgan.
According to Celeb Dirty Laundry, "The Young and The Restless" star Jill Farren Phelps is the reason stars and other important team members are quitting the show. Rumours have been circulating that Billy Miller or Michael Muhney, recent casualties of Jill may join "General Hospital" and play the character of Jason Morgan. The character is set to return soon in the show.
Either Billy or Michael can play the part of Jason in "General Hospital."
What is in store for Silas Clay who is already in a relationship with Sam Morgan?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market