Weigh-In Replay: Mayweather vs. Maidana, Broner vs. Molina, Khan vs. Collazo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 3, 2014 7:36 AM EST
Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Argentine slugger Marcos Maidana are just few minutes away from tipping the scale for their official weigh-in on Friday at 3:00 (US Pacific Time) or 7:00 (Sydney Time) at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In an attempt to preserve perfection, Mayweather makes his return in the welterweight division with the goal of unifying the WBC and WBA crowns in the main bout of Showtime Pay-per-View 'the Moment.'
Mayweather, who also holds the WBC light middleweight championship after beating Saul Canelo Alvarez last September, heads into Saturday's clash with lots of questions about the capability of the Argentine slugger in juicing out the best of him after 45 fights.
"Everybody thinks he's just going to be a pushover, but I don't think so," the 37-year-old Mayweather said in Wednesday's press conference via the National.
"That's why I'm training hard and I'm pushing myself to the limit every day," Mayweather said. "If he brings his best, maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my 'A' game.
"Hopefully, he will make me bring out my 'A' game, because my whole career all I had to use was a 'D' and 'C' game to beat every guy."
Maidana, who is coming off the biggest win of his career after dominating pound-for-pound star Adrien Broner in their slugfest last December, is also looking for the kill in perhaps the biggest boxing match of his career.
"I know people think I'm going to lose, but I come to win and I'm not afraid of anybody or anything," Maidana said. "I have the support of the Latino people and I'm coming to win."
Aside from the combatants in the main bout, two-time jr. welterweight champion Amir Khan (28-3, 19 KO) is also set to tip the scales as he's up against another knockout artist in Luis Collazo (35-5, 18 KO). Three-time division world champion Adrien Broner (27-1, 22 KO) will try to make a bounce back win against Carlos Molina (17-1-1, 7 KO) in a 10-round jr.welterweight bout.
The official weigh-in will be available on Showtime Boxing or on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists