Weigh-In Replay: Mayweather vs. Maidana, Broner vs. Molina, Khan vs. Collazo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 3, 2014 7:36 AM EST
Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Argentine slugger Marcos Maidana are just few minutes away from tipping the scale for their official weigh-in on Friday at 3:00 (US Pacific Time) or 7:00 (Sydney Time) at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In an attempt to preserve perfection, Mayweather makes his return in the welterweight division with the goal of unifying the WBC and WBA crowns in the main bout of Showtime Pay-per-View 'the Moment.'
Mayweather, who also holds the WBC light middleweight championship after beating Saul Canelo Alvarez last September, heads into Saturday's clash with lots of questions about the capability of the Argentine slugger in juicing out the best of him after 45 fights.
"Everybody thinks he's just going to be a pushover, but I don't think so," the 37-year-old Mayweather said in Wednesday's press conference via the National.
"That's why I'm training hard and I'm pushing myself to the limit every day," Mayweather said. "If he brings his best, maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my 'A' game.
"Hopefully, he will make me bring out my 'A' game, because my whole career all I had to use was a 'D' and 'C' game to beat every guy."
Maidana, who is coming off the biggest win of his career after dominating pound-for-pound star Adrien Broner in their slugfest last December, is also looking for the kill in perhaps the biggest boxing match of his career.
"I know people think I'm going to lose, but I come to win and I'm not afraid of anybody or anything," Maidana said. "I have the support of the Latino people and I'm coming to win."
Aside from the combatants in the main bout, two-time jr. welterweight champion Amir Khan (28-3, 19 KO) is also set to tip the scales as he's up against another knockout artist in Luis Collazo (35-5, 18 KO). Three-time division world champion Adrien Broner (27-1, 22 KO) will try to make a bounce back win against Carlos Molina (17-1-1, 7 KO) in a 10-round jr.welterweight bout.
The official weigh-in will be available on Showtime Boxing or on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans