Weigh-In Replay: Mayweather vs. Maidana, Broner vs. Molina, Khan vs. Collazo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 3, 2014 7:36 AM EST
Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Argentine slugger Marcos Maidana are just few minutes away from tipping the scale for their official weigh-in on Friday at 3:00 (US Pacific Time) or 7:00 (Sydney Time) at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In an attempt to preserve perfection, Mayweather makes his return in the welterweight division with the goal of unifying the WBC and WBA crowns in the main bout of Showtime Pay-per-View 'the Moment.'
Mayweather, who also holds the WBC light middleweight championship after beating Saul Canelo Alvarez last September, heads into Saturday's clash with lots of questions about the capability of the Argentine slugger in juicing out the best of him after 45 fights.
"Everybody thinks he's just going to be a pushover, but I don't think so," the 37-year-old Mayweather said in Wednesday's press conference via the National.
"That's why I'm training hard and I'm pushing myself to the limit every day," Mayweather said. "If he brings his best, maybe he will be the first guy that actually makes me dig in my bag of tricks and pull out my 'A' game.
"Hopefully, he will make me bring out my 'A' game, because my whole career all I had to use was a 'D' and 'C' game to beat every guy."
Maidana, who is coming off the biggest win of his career after dominating pound-for-pound star Adrien Broner in their slugfest last December, is also looking for the kill in perhaps the biggest boxing match of his career.
"I know people think I'm going to lose, but I come to win and I'm not afraid of anybody or anything," Maidana said. "I have the support of the Latino people and I'm coming to win."
Aside from the combatants in the main bout, two-time jr. welterweight champion Amir Khan (28-3, 19 KO) is also set to tip the scales as he's up against another knockout artist in Luis Collazo (35-5, 18 KO). Three-time division world champion Adrien Broner (27-1, 22 KO) will try to make a bounce back win against Carlos Molina (17-1-1, 7 KO) in a 10-round jr.welterweight bout.
The official weigh-in will be available on Showtime Boxing or on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Andy Murray, Ana Ivanovic, And Other Tennis Stars Arrive In Manila For The IPTL; Murray Meets Manny Pacquiao
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO