Anderson Silva Spars with Freddie Roach, Lifts Weights; Will Spider Return to the Octagon Ring Soon?
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 3, 2014 2:35 AM EST
Brazilian mixed martial artist Anderson Silva was seen having a sparring session with Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach.
Four months after Silva's horrific injury at UFC 168 resulting to a broken shin, the 39-year-old Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter posed a video of him sparring with Roach on Instagram on April 30.
Slowly but surely. It seems Silva is not dashing on making a comeback in the UFC. He is gradually making progress and working on his full recovery at a time. Silva's fans are constantly updated as he posts pictures on social media about how he has been recuperating from the awful injury. On May 1, Silva shared yet another picture of him working out and lifting weights.
UFC president Dana White revealed in one of his recent interviews that Silva may step back into the octagon ring before the year 2014 ends. White was shown how Silva's bones were healing, back in February, and he was quite impressed to find out how those bones had grown so quickly.
"The doctor came and showed me his bone," White told MMAfighting.com. "He said, 'This is actually crazy, look at all the bone he's had in eight weeks," White added. Apparently, the doctors were surprised how Silva's recovery seems to be going fast because such bone growth from an injury does not really happen in only two months. The doctors told White that it normally takes more than two years. "It's pretty crazy."
Bleacher Report's DJ Summers wrote that while it is exciting to see Silva fight in the octagon ring again, he believes that the Brazilian mixed martial artist and the rest of the UFC management should be a little more cautious. He said that it is important to ensure that Silva is 100% back in his old form and shape before he makes his UFC comeback.
"Seeing Silva back will be a fun storyline. We just need to make sure we get the man back entirely, not some shadow twisted by an injury."
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues