NBA Playoffs Preview – East First Round, Game 6: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets
By James Patrick Quizon | May 3, 2014 2:35 AM EST
The Brooklyn Nets’ roster was assembled specifically to challenge the Miami. They’ll have no shot at the defending champions if they can’t protect homecourt advantage on Friday night (Saturday morning Australia) when the Toronto Raptors try to close out the best-of-seven series in the first round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Raptors averted collapse in the previous game after eking out a 115-113 win over the Nets last Wednesday. Many can argue that Brooklyn achieved the moral victory after coming back down from a 26-point deficit.
Toronto led by Kyle Lowry’s playoff career-high 36 points can’t feel bad about the close win however, as they took the 3-2 series lead and one W away from meeting the Heat in the conference semifinals.
DeMar Derozan added 23 points and 3 steals in that game even as Jonas Valanciunas (16 points) and Greivis Vasquez (15 points) also contributed.
The last time these teams met in Brooklyn was in Game 4 when the Raptors stole the 87-79 victory. Toronto shut the Nets down late in the fourth quarter and finished the game on an 8-0 run.
Can the Nets find their offense at home? Will the Raptors steal another one in Brooklyn and finish off the Nets?
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+4.5) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-12-1 ATS in their last 38 games after a one-day rest
- The Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- The Raptors are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Nets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. East teams
- The Nets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown