NBA Playoffs Preview – East First Round, Game 6: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets
By James Patrick Quizon | May 3, 2014 2:35 AM EST
The Brooklyn Nets’ roster was assembled specifically to challenge the Miami. They’ll have no shot at the defending champions if they can’t protect homecourt advantage on Friday night (Saturday morning Australia) when the Toronto Raptors try to close out the best-of-seven series in the first round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Raptors averted collapse in the previous game after eking out a 115-113 win over the Nets last Wednesday. Many can argue that Brooklyn achieved the moral victory after coming back down from a 26-point deficit.
Toronto led by Kyle Lowry’s playoff career-high 36 points can’t feel bad about the close win however, as they took the 3-2 series lead and one W away from meeting the Heat in the conference semifinals.
DeMar Derozan added 23 points and 3 steals in that game even as Jonas Valanciunas (16 points) and Greivis Vasquez (15 points) also contributed.
The last time these teams met in Brooklyn was in Game 4 when the Raptors stole the 87-79 victory. Toronto shut the Nets down late in the fourth quarter and finished the game on an 8-0 run.
Can the Nets find their offense at home? Will the Raptors steal another one in Brooklyn and finish off the Nets?
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+4.5) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-12-1 ATS in their last 38 games after a one-day rest
- The Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- The Raptors are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Nets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. East teams
- The Nets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015