NBA Playoffs Preview – East First Round, Game 6: Toronto Raptors vs. Brooklyn Nets
By James Patrick Quizon | May 3, 2014 2:35 AM EST
The Brooklyn Nets’ roster was assembled specifically to challenge the Miami. They’ll have no shot at the defending champions if they can’t protect homecourt advantage on Friday night (Saturday morning Australia) when the Toronto Raptors try to close out the best-of-seven series in the first round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
The Raptors averted collapse in the previous game after eking out a 115-113 win over the Nets last Wednesday. Many can argue that Brooklyn achieved the moral victory after coming back down from a 26-point deficit.
Toronto led by Kyle Lowry’s playoff career-high 36 points can’t feel bad about the close win however, as they took the 3-2 series lead and one W away from meeting the Heat in the conference semifinals.
DeMar Derozan added 23 points and 3 steals in that game even as Jonas Valanciunas (16 points) and Greivis Vasquez (15 points) also contributed.
The last time these teams met in Brooklyn was in Game 4 when the Raptors stole the 87-79 victory. Toronto shut the Nets down late in the fourth quarter and finished the game on an 8-0 run.
Can the Nets find their offense at home? Will the Raptors steal another one in Brooklyn and finish off the Nets?
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (+4.5) vs. Brooklyn Nets (O/U: 192.0)
Game time: 9:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 25-12-1 ATS in their last 38 games after a one-day rest
- The Raptors are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
- The Raptors are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games
- The Nets are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. East teams
- The Nets are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate