Chelsea FC News: Boss Hits Back at Blues Winger's Comments, Claims that the Latter Lacks Work Rate
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 11:54 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho did not like how winger Eden Hazard commented on his tactics after a 3-1 loss in the Champions League semi-finals that led to the west Londoners exit.
"When the comments come from a player like Eden it's normal because he's not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team." - Jose Mourinho
The Belgium international revealed that the Portuguese mentor instructed them to work on counterattacks rather than making the first move on the offensive end.
"When the comments come from a player like Eden it's normal because he's not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team," said Mourinho.
"He's not mentally ready to look to his left-back and leave his life for him."
"Normally you get these kind of comments from players like him, from players that can't resolve a problem like we had in the first goal."
"If you see the first goal of Atletico you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia