Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss will Try to Hold On to Key Players
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 11:33 PM EST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will do his best to hold on to his key players this summer following a disappointing term in the Premier League and the Champions League.
"We want the players to stay here because this club has big ambitions for the future." - Arsene Wenger
Bacary Sagna, whose contract is expiring in June, has yet to sign an extension, while skipper Thomas Vermaelen has been rumoured to be considering life elsewhere after seeing limited minutes this season.
Nevertheless, the Gunners mentor would want to keep his squad intact as he knows all too well that chemistry, aside from quality, could make significant difference.
"We want the players to stay here because this club has big ambitions for the future," said the French boss.
With only two more games left in the domestic league, the north Londoners, who are currently placed fourth, will only need a point to secure the final Champions League spot, but Wenger would want his squad to finish strong.
"One of the ingredients we've had this season was to respond when everyone was writing us off. We missed some vital games this season but we have been remarkably consistent," he added.
"Against the teams who did not fight for the Premier League title we've done our job."
"We had too many injuries in March and February and we always had to play the same players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy