Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss will Try to Hold On to Key Players
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 11:33 PM EST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will do his best to hold on to his key players this summer following a disappointing term in the Premier League and the Champions League.
"We want the players to stay here because this club has big ambitions for the future." - Arsene Wenger
Bacary Sagna, whose contract is expiring in June, has yet to sign an extension, while skipper Thomas Vermaelen has been rumoured to be considering life elsewhere after seeing limited minutes this season.
Nevertheless, the Gunners mentor would want to keep his squad intact as he knows all too well that chemistry, aside from quality, could make significant difference.
"We want the players to stay here because this club has big ambitions for the future," said the French boss.
With only two more games left in the domestic league, the north Londoners, who are currently placed fourth, will only need a point to secure the final Champions League spot, but Wenger would want his squad to finish strong.
"One of the ingredients we've had this season was to respond when everyone was writing us off. We missed some vital games this season but we have been remarkably consistent," he added.
"Against the teams who did not fight for the Premier League title we've done our job."
"We had too many injuries in March and February and we always had to play the same players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage