Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Boss will Try to Hold On to Key Players
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 11:33 PM EST
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will do his best to hold on to his key players this summer following a disappointing term in the Premier League and the Champions League.
"We want the players to stay here because this club has big ambitions for the future." - Arsene Wenger
Bacary Sagna, whose contract is expiring in June, has yet to sign an extension, while skipper Thomas Vermaelen has been rumoured to be considering life elsewhere after seeing limited minutes this season.
Nevertheless, the Gunners mentor would want to keep his squad intact as he knows all too well that chemistry, aside from quality, could make significant difference.
"We want the players to stay here because this club has big ambitions for the future," said the French boss.
With only two more games left in the domestic league, the north Londoners, who are currently placed fourth, will only need a point to secure the final Champions League spot, but Wenger would want his squad to finish strong.
"One of the ingredients we've had this season was to respond when everyone was writing us off. We missed some vital games this season but we have been remarkably consistent," he added.
"Against the teams who did not fight for the Premier League title we've done our job."
"We had too many injuries in March and February and we always had to play the same players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed