‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Surpasses ₹100 Crore Mark in 2 Weeks
By Ankita Mehta | May 2, 2014 9:46 PM EST
"2 States" starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor has entered into the ₹100 crore club with worldwide earnings.
"2 States" based on Chetan Bhagat's novel of the same name has earned ₹87.31 crore from domestic box office and ₹19.75 crore from overseas box office to take its worldwide total to ₹107.6 crore.
Abhishek Varman's directorial film is the third film of the year which entered into the century club. For Kapoor "2 States" is his second film, but for Bhatt it is her first film that joined the coveted ₹100 crore mark.
Salman Khan starrer "Jai Ho" is the first film of 2014 to cross the ₹100 crore mark and is the only film till now that surpassed the ₹100 crore mark in India.
Ranveer Singh and Kapoor starrer "Gunday" is the second film to reach that mark at worldwide box office, but the film failed to touch that mark at the domestic centers.
After having a fantastic week one, the film continued to dominate the screens in second week. In its first week, it raked in ₹60.77 crore and in second week it minted ₹26.54 crore.
The second week total of the film is apparently the highest of this year, beating "Jai Ho" record.
Internationally also, the film has received positive response from audiences. Till second weekend "2 States" minted ₹19.75 crore from overseas market.
The US-Canada box office contributed the highest amount to the overseas collection, followed by the UK and UAE-GCC box offices.
Here is the country-wise breakup of the film as provided by Bollywood Hungama:
US-Canada is ₹9.54 crore, UK is ₹4 crore, UAE-GCC is ₹3.93 crore, Australia is ₹2 crore, New Zealand is ₹0.6 crore and Malaysia is ₹0.12 crore.
Image credit: Facebook/ 2 States
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air