LG G3 Snapshots Surface Online Ahead of Launch
By Rohit KVN | May 2, 2014 8:41 PM EST
The South Korean company's 2014 flagship smartphone LG G3 snapshots have surfaced few weeks ahead of its launch on 27 May.
Models pose with new ''Optimus G'' smartphones, made by LG Electronics Inc, in Seoul September 18, 2012.
Technology website, Blog of Mobile has published a couple of alleged images of LG G3. In the first photo, we see the smartphone's screen with LG logo at the bottom (centre), but the rumored QHD display resolution cannot be ascertained at this point.
And on the second image, we see the device's smooth white-hued rear-side cover with the ominous circular metal-finish based power button sandwiched between volume rockers, below the camera module having two LED flash on both sides.
The design language of the new phone is similar to the predecessor, but on a closer look, LG G3's exterior body has been refined - bezel size has been reduced, the corners are curvier than G2. [To view the photos, click here]
In terms of specifications, LG G3 is said to ship with some top-of-the line specifications such as 2K (2560x1440p) resolution display, Android KitKat OS with simple LG UI, company's in-house built Octa-core processor code-named Odin, 3GB RAM, a 16.0-megapixel camera/13.0-megapixel with OIS (Optical Image Stabilizations), 2.1-megapixel front camera and value added attributes such as fingerprint sensor-based biometric technology for secured screen locking and water-proof certifications.
It has to be noted that LG is launching G3 two months ahead of G2's year cycle which was supposed to end in August this year. Word on the streets of South Korea is that the company is hoping to make a dent in the rival Galaxy S5 sales by releasing G3 early in to the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family