‘Orange is the New Black” Season 2 to Feature Steamy Hot Scenes between Laura Prepon and Taylor Schilling
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 2, 2014 8:24 PM EST
Alex Vause, played by Laura Prepon, will be seen in four episodes of "Orange is the New Black" Season 2. Prepon has confirmed her return, putting to rest all the speculations about her leaving the show. Also, Prepon has revealed that there will be steamy scenes between Vause and Piper Chapman, portrayed by Taylor Schilling.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Prepon has said that she was uncomfortable filming these steamy scenes. "We did some stuff in season 2 where I'm like, 'Okay, girl, here we go.' You've got to feel safe. Season 2 sets things up in a way that's kind of crazy. So many things could happen in season 3," Prepon said.
Vause is a lesbian inmate and ex-lover of Chapman. The latter is serving a prison sentence of 15 months because she had once carried drug money for Vause.
Prepon's character is one of the most popular characters of Jenji Kohan created Netflix original drama-comedy, which premiered on June 27, 2013. Also, Vause and Chapman's relationship and their sexual tension were a major highlight of "Orange is the New Black" Season 1.
When the news surfaced in August 2013 that Prepon is unlikely to return for Season 2, there was a huge uproar on social networking sites. Later, it was speculated that the actress will be returning for only one episode. There were also rumours that Prepon, 34, is quitting the show because of her religious beliefs. She is a scientologist and according to reports, her Church objected to her playing the role of a lesbian. The actress, however, denies that and calls such a speculation ridiculous.
"It's ridiculous because it's not true. I'm a huge supporter of the LGBT community," Prepon said to Entertainment Weekly. "I try to put a good spin on it, which is, 'Okay, cool. People are huge fans of the show and my character and they're trying to come up with excuses about where I'm going'."
According to the actress, it was because of her other professional commitments and schedules, she was unable to film the new season of "Orange is the New Black" as a regular. If there is Season 3, Prepon expects to return as a series regular. "For season 3, I've already handled it so it's not going to be a problem," Prepon said.
"Orange is the New Black" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on June 06, 2014. Prepon has confirmed that Vause will be leaving Litchfield Penitentiary in the upcoming season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia