Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Set to Join the Blues for £32million
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa will reportedly join Chelsea for £32million this summer.
Speculations have been rife over the past few months, but the Sun suggests that Blues boss Jose Mourinho "has finally got his man."
Atletico Madrid's Costa celebrates after scoring a penalty shot for the team during their Champions League semi-final second leg soccer match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge Stadium in London
The 25-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international, who has, so far, scored 27 goals in Spain's top-flight, only three behind top-scorer Cristiano Ronaldo, is enjoying a tremendous season with the Rojiblancos, with the Champions League and La Liga trophy still up for grabs.
He netted a penalty when his club recently defeated the west Londoners to book a finals date with Real Madrid in Lisbon.
Whether there is truth to the headline or otherwise, one thing's for sure, Mourinho will be signing a world-class striker like Costa, as he is now experiencing what it's like to not have a hitman who could deliver the goods, day in and day out.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles