Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Set to Join the Blues for £32million
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa will reportedly join Chelsea for £32million this summer.
Speculations have been rife over the past few months, but the Sun suggests that Blues boss Jose Mourinho "has finally got his man."
Atletico Madrid's Costa celebrates after scoring a penalty shot for the team during their Champions League semi-final second leg soccer match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge Stadium in London
The 25-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international, who has, so far, scored 27 goals in Spain's top-flight, only three behind top-scorer Cristiano Ronaldo, is enjoying a tremendous season with the Rojiblancos, with the Champions League and La Liga trophy still up for grabs.
He netted a penalty when his club recently defeated the west Londoners to book a finals date with Real Madrid in Lisbon.
Whether there is truth to the headline or otherwise, one thing's for sure, Mourinho will be signing a world-class striker like Costa, as he is now experiencing what it's like to not have a hitman who could deliver the goods, day in and day out.
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season