Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Striker Set to Join the Blues for £32million
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 2, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa will reportedly join Chelsea for £32million this summer.
Speculations have been rife over the past few months, but the Sun suggests that Blues boss Jose Mourinho "has finally got his man."
Atletico Madrid's Costa celebrates after scoring a penalty shot for the team during their Champions League semi-final second leg soccer match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge Stadium in London
The 25-year-old Brazil-born Spanish international, who has, so far, scored 27 goals in Spain's top-flight, only three behind top-scorer Cristiano Ronaldo, is enjoying a tremendous season with the Rojiblancos, with the Champions League and La Liga trophy still up for grabs.
He netted a penalty when his club recently defeated the west Londoners to book a finals date with Real Madrid in Lisbon.
Whether there is truth to the headline or otherwise, one thing's for sure, Mourinho will be signing a world-class striker like Costa, as he is now experiencing what it's like to not have a hitman who could deliver the goods, day in and day out.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'