Honda Cars Posts 30 Percent Growth in April
By greeshma m | May 2, 2014 7:51 PM EST
Honda Cars India posted a sales growth of 30 percent for the month of April at 11,040 units.
Honda, the country's fourth largest company sold 11,040 units in April, as against the 8,488 units in the corresponding month last year. In April, Honda sold 578 units of its small car Brio, while its Amaze and City offerings stood at 3,3554 and 7,044 respectively. Beside this, Honda sold 63 units of its sports utility vehicle (SUV) CRV. The export of the company stood at 402 in April, taking the grand total of vehicle sold in April to 11,442.
"We have started the financial year 2014-15 on a positive note and would like to thank our customers for the fantastic response to the all new Honda City. We also celebrated the 1st anniversary of Honda Amaze by introducing the anniversary edition and we are confident of its good sales in this fiscal as well," said Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President - Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd.
|Model wise sales break-up for April 2014|
In March, Honda had registered the company's highest ever monthly sales. The company's diesel offerings City and Amaze are riding high in the country ever since its launch. By the end of 2014, Honda is expected to launch Mobilio MPV in the country.
Mobilio, which made its debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, has now been previewed on the company's India website, with the 'launching in a few months' tag. Built on Honda's popular Brio hatchback platform, the Mobilio is speculated to go into production by June 2014 and is expected to reach the domestic market by September.
Image credit: Honda India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’