Honda Cars Posts 30 Percent Growth in April
By greeshma m | May 2, 2014 7:51 PM EST
Honda Cars India posted a sales growth of 30 percent for the month of April at 11,040 units.
Honda, the country's fourth largest company sold 11,040 units in April, as against the 8,488 units in the corresponding month last year. In April, Honda sold 578 units of its small car Brio, while its Amaze and City offerings stood at 3,3554 and 7,044 respectively. Beside this, Honda sold 63 units of its sports utility vehicle (SUV) CRV. The export of the company stood at 402 in April, taking the grand total of vehicle sold in April to 11,442.
"We have started the financial year 2014-15 on a positive note and would like to thank our customers for the fantastic response to the all new Honda City. We also celebrated the 1st anniversary of Honda Amaze by introducing the anniversary edition and we are confident of its good sales in this fiscal as well," said Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President - Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd.
|Model wise sales break-up for April 2014|
In March, Honda had registered the company's highest ever monthly sales. The company's diesel offerings City and Amaze are riding high in the country ever since its launch. By the end of 2014, Honda is expected to launch Mobilio MPV in the country.
Mobilio, which made its debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, has now been previewed on the company's India website, with the 'launching in a few months' tag. Built on Honda's popular Brio hatchback platform, the Mobilio is speculated to go into production by June 2014 and is expected to reach the domestic market by September.
Image credit: Honda India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica