Honda Cars Posts 30 Percent Growth in April
By greeshma m | May 2, 2014 7:51 PM EST
Honda Cars India posted a sales growth of 30 percent for the month of April at 11,040 units.
Honda, the country's fourth largest company sold 11,040 units in April, as against the 8,488 units in the corresponding month last year. In April, Honda sold 578 units of its small car Brio, while its Amaze and City offerings stood at 3,3554 and 7,044 respectively. Beside this, Honda sold 63 units of its sports utility vehicle (SUV) CRV. The export of the company stood at 402 in April, taking the grand total of vehicle sold in April to 11,442.
"We have started the financial year 2014-15 on a positive note and would like to thank our customers for the fantastic response to the all new Honda City. We also celebrated the 1st anniversary of Honda Amaze by introducing the anniversary edition and we are confident of its good sales in this fiscal as well," said Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President - Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd.
|Model wise sales break-up for April 2014|
In March, Honda had registered the company's highest ever monthly sales. The company's diesel offerings City and Amaze are riding high in the country ever since its launch. By the end of 2014, Honda is expected to launch Mobilio MPV in the country.
Mobilio, which made its debut at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014, has now been previewed on the company's India website, with the 'launching in a few months' tag. Built on Honda's popular Brio hatchback platform, the Mobilio is speculated to go into production by June 2014 and is expected to reach the domestic market by September.
Image credit: Honda India
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga