iPhone 6 Release Date: Purported Flagship Smartphone Dummy Wears iPhone 5C Looks [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | May 2, 2014 7:30 PM EST
Apple Inc. has not uttered a word on its upcoming flagship smartphone, dubbed as iPhone 6, and it is unlikely to tell a few days ahead of its unveiling event expected to happen this fall, thus giving room for speculations from design to specifications. Now, a dummy video of the purported smartphone has surfaced, and it surprisingly wears the looks of iPhone 5C.
The leaf on the Apple symbol is tinted green at the Apple flagship store on 5th Ave in New York April 22, 2014.
The Cupertino giant is expected to release iPhone 5S successor with a 4.7-inch screen display this year. It is reported that the device would be unveiled at the upcoming WWDC event in June, but reports by several sources, including Reuters and Nikkei have suggested that it would arrive only in September.
Now, a video of the purported iPhone 6 dummy has been uploaded on YouTube by one user, Steve Hemmerstoffer. The 1:23-minute clip showcases a device that looks to measure 4.7 inches with power button on the side of the device and rounded edge, which is in sync with earlier speculations of iPhone 6. The dummy also has Apple logo in the rear and the famous home button. Many viewers are of the opinion that it wears an uncanny looks of iPhone 5C, which failed to make good business.
However, the video just gives demonstration of the purported device with background music and no voice over. It could turn out to be just another mock-up design despite wearing the looks speculated by several section of the media.
Apple's upcoming flagship smartphone would sport a 4.7-inch display with rounded edges, a 67-millimeter-by-138-millimeter footprint, and an ultra-thin 6 millimeter cross-section. It also has a sketch of the purported smartphone showcasing home button and side power switch, according to a report by UkrainianiPhone.
iPhone 6 is expected to come in two models, 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display with full scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen. It is expected to be powered by the A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities. Chinese analyst Sun Chang Xu had also posted on her Weibo page, citing a friend from MEMS (microelectromechanical systems), that Apple is planning to introduce sensors that can detect pressure, temperature and humidity.
VIDEO: iPhone 6 Dummy ?!
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones