Maruti Suzuki April Sales Declined by 11.4 Percent
By greeshma m | May 2, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car maker's total sales for the month of April declined by 11.4 percent in India.
Maruti Suzuki Banks on Post-election Boost after Q4 Profit Drops 36 Percent
The company on Thursday said that the total vehicle sales stood at 86,196 units, as against the 97,302 units in the corresponding month last year. The domestic sales of the company witnessed a dip by 12.6 percent in the month of April 2014, as against 90,523 units in April 2013. The export of the company saw a growth by 4.4 percent to 7,077 units in April 2014, against 6,779 units in the corresponding month last year.
Maruti's mini passenger segment witnessed a dip in April, compared to last year. It posted a 25 percent decline in sales of its mini-car segment, which includes vehicles like M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, in April, as against 34927 units last year. In the compact car segment, Maruti saw a growth of 9.9 percent to 23659 units from 21535 units in April 2013.
The company's Dzire witnessed a downfall of 18 percent to 16,008 units, as against the 19446 units in April 2013. Sales of the mid-sized sedan SX4 saw a plunge 87.4 percent to 76 units, as against the 601 units in April last year.
Sales of utility vehicles - Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga slumped by to 5,011 units in April, registering 5.8 percent dip against 5,318 units in April 2013.
Maruti is expected to launch a new sedan Ciaz, the replacement of SX4 ahead of the festive season this year. This year also the company could not sell the Kizashi luxury car.
The company fell 1.5 percent in trade on Friday to ₹1,895.90 on BSE after Maruti announced its decline in sales for the month of April.
In March also Maruti's sales saw a plunge in the country. Earlier this week, Maruti announced that the company will not increase the prices of its vehicles in India unless the market condition picks up.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’