'Maanikya' Review Roundup: Sudeep-Ravichandran Starrer Gets Positive Response
By sangeetha seshagiri | May 2, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Sudeep-Ravichandran's "Maanikya" has received positive reviews from critics.
The action entertainer is a remake of Telugu film "Mirchi," though Sudeep has made changes to the script for Ravichandran's character. It has to be noted that Sudeep himself is the director of this film.
Twitter/ Kichcha Sudeep
Maanikya poster (Twitter/ Kichcha Sudeep)
The film's story is about two warring families in Bidar, who want to kill each other. However, a scion of the one family wants to unite both the families. How he does that forms the crux of the story.
"Maanikya" has all the commercial elements including action, comedy, family drama and romance. Ranya and Varalakshmi appear as female lead roles, while other actors include Sharan, Nagshekar, 'Tennis' Krishna, Shobraj, Ravishankar, Ashok and Sadhu Kokila among others.
Here is the review roundup of "Maanikya"
Shyam Prasad S of Bangalore Mirror says, "The plot of the film matches its length. Though nearly three hours long, the narration and the twists keep the audience glued. Credit should go to director Sudeep for packing every available slot with good actors."
"Many lengthy films falter with at least a few miscast actors. But in "Maanikya," the entry of every new actor, which continues till the end, induces new life into the film. Sudeep has made sure that the entire focus is not just on him. Every actor gets his due and thus the film its fine tuning," he said.
Regarding the performances of Sudeep and Ravichandran, Sandesh of Oneindia says, "Ravi and Sudeep are just rocking be it in emotional or action scenes, they both will be the main highlight of the film."
Chitraloka says, "There are so many things in Maanikya but all of them are perfectly placed. It is a film you will love to watch in a cool big screen theatre. This is one film you should reserve a day for this week."
Verdict: Real treat for Sudeep, Ravichandran fans
Photo Credit: Twitter/Kichcha Sudeep
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales