'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa To Portray Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 2, 2014 6:30 PM EST
The casting reports on the "Man of Steel 2" film claim once again that "Game of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa joins the star-studded cast members of the upcoming movie sequel. Though the character that Jason Momoa will portray is still indistinct, speculations suggest that the 34-year-old actor signed on to be Aquaman on the big screen.
"According to my source, Momoa signed the dotted line and joined the Batman vs. Superman cast a couple of months ago. There's no word yet on who Momoa will be playing, but previous rumors have tied him to Aquaman. I'm labeling this as a rumor for now, but I feel that this information is accurate based on who I got it from," Chris Begley noted in the Batman-News report.
The Enstars report claims majority of the Justice League superheroes will be appearing in the Batman vs. Superman film as preparation for the separate "Justice League" film scheduled to be released in 2018. And Jason Momoa has been one of the several actors linked to portray Aquaman in the movie.
In the Design & Trend report, the other speculated characters that actor Jason Momoa could portray include Doomsday, the one who famously killed Superman in the comics, and Martian Manhunter, the alien with super-powers that are stuck on planet Earth.
"Man of Steel 2" cast members include British actor Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Holly Hunter, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor.
It has been recently reported as well that Warner Bros. and DC Comics cast actor Ray Fisher as Cyborg in "Man of Steel 2." The superhero character, a Justice League founding member, has been confirmed in the exclusive Variety report to having only a minor role in the movie sequel but a major one in the upcoming "Justice League" films.
"Man of Steel 2" or the Batman vs. Superman film, directed by Zack Snyder, is scheduled to be released in cinemas on May 6, 2016. At the moment, filming has started in Michigan.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Ray Fisher Joins Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film as Cyborg - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cast Member Diane Lane Reveals Camera Tests for Batman vs. Superman Film Kicked Off in Detroit - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Composer Hans Zimmer to Score the Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film, Costume Reveal Likely to Happen in April or May - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS