'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa To Portray Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 2, 2014 6:30 PM EST
The casting reports on the "Man of Steel 2" film claim once again that "Game of Thrones" actor Jason Momoa joins the star-studded cast members of the upcoming movie sequel. Though the character that Jason Momoa will portray is still indistinct, speculations suggest that the 34-year-old actor signed on to be Aquaman on the big screen.
"According to my source, Momoa signed the dotted line and joined the Batman vs. Superman cast a couple of months ago. There's no word yet on who Momoa will be playing, but previous rumors have tied him to Aquaman. I'm labeling this as a rumor for now, but I feel that this information is accurate based on who I got it from," Chris Begley noted in the Batman-News report.
The Enstars report claims majority of the Justice League superheroes will be appearing in the Batman vs. Superman film as preparation for the separate "Justice League" film scheduled to be released in 2018. And Jason Momoa has been one of the several actors linked to portray Aquaman in the movie.
In the Design & Trend report, the other speculated characters that actor Jason Momoa could portray include Doomsday, the one who famously killed Superman in the comics, and Martian Manhunter, the alien with super-powers that are stuck on planet Earth.
"Man of Steel 2" cast members include British actor Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Holly Hunter, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Jesse Eisenberg as villain Lex Luthor.
It has been recently reported as well that Warner Bros. and DC Comics cast actor Ray Fisher as Cyborg in "Man of Steel 2." The superhero character, a Justice League founding member, has been confirmed in the exclusive Variety report to having only a minor role in the movie sequel but a major one in the upcoming "Justice League" films.
"Man of Steel 2" or the Batman vs. Superman film, directed by Zack Snyder, is scheduled to be released in cinemas on May 6, 2016. At the moment, filming has started in Michigan.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Ray Fisher Joins Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film as Cyborg - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cast Member Diane Lane Reveals Camera Tests for Batman vs. Superman Film Kicked Off in Detroit - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Composer Hans Zimmer to Score the Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film, Costume Reveal Likely to Happen in April or May - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery