Peaches Geldof Death: Heroin Overdose Led to Sudden Demise of Bob Geldof's Daughter?
By Sonam Malik | May 2, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Peaches Geldof may have died due to heroin overdose, according to new reports revealed by police on May 1. The 25-year-old reportedly had the toxic substance in her body at the time of her death.
"Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death," DCI Paul Fotheringham of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate read during the court hearing of Geldof's mysterious death, reported Hollywoodlife.
Sadly Geldof's death bears eerie resemblance to her mother Paula Yates' death in 2000. Yates suffered from severe Heroin addiction and passed away at the age of 41, leaving her children and husband behind. Unfortunately, Geldof seems to have repeated the history and has left behind two children, who were apparently present at the apartment when the incident took place.
Reportedly, her husband Thomas Cohen found her dead body lying in a spare room of their Kent Home.
According to statement read by DCI Fotheringham during the court hearing, "Thomas entered the property and went upstairs thinking that Peaches may have been sleeping. Thomas located Peaches in a spare bedroom and it was obvious to him that she was deceased. She was located on the edge of a bed with one leg hanging down to the floor with the other leg tucked underneath her; she was slumped forward across the bed. Thomas called for his mother and they quickly located Phaedra and called the emergency services," reported Kent Online
The police are further investigating as to who supplied drugs to Geldof.
A statement released by police today said: "There is an ongoing investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with the death."
It was being previously speculated that Geldof died of a heart attack, as she had a weak heart due to constant dieting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown