Peaches Geldof Death: Heroin Overdose Led to Sudden Demise of Bob Geldof's Daughter?
By Sonam Malik | May 2, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Peaches Geldof may have died due to heroin overdose, according to new reports revealed by police on May 1. The 25-year-old reportedly had the toxic substance in her body at the time of her death.
"Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death," DCI Paul Fotheringham of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate read during the court hearing of Geldof's mysterious death, reported Hollywoodlife.
Sadly Geldof's death bears eerie resemblance to her mother Paula Yates' death in 2000. Yates suffered from severe Heroin addiction and passed away at the age of 41, leaving her children and husband behind. Unfortunately, Geldof seems to have repeated the history and has left behind two children, who were apparently present at the apartment when the incident took place.
Reportedly, her husband Thomas Cohen found her dead body lying in a spare room of their Kent Home.
According to statement read by DCI Fotheringham during the court hearing, "Thomas entered the property and went upstairs thinking that Peaches may have been sleeping. Thomas located Peaches in a spare bedroom and it was obvious to him that she was deceased. She was located on the edge of a bed with one leg hanging down to the floor with the other leg tucked underneath her; she was slumped forward across the bed. Thomas called for his mother and they quickly located Phaedra and called the emergency services," reported Kent Online
The police are further investigating as to who supplied drugs to Geldof.
A statement released by police today said: "There is an ongoing investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with the death."
It was being previously speculated that Geldof died of a heart attack, as she had a weak heart due to constant dieting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop