‘Downton Abbey’ Season 5: Lady Rose’s Possible Last Season, Young Actors Sign-Up, Filming Continues
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 2, 2014 5:41 PM EST
"Downton Abbey" Season 5 is currently in production. The cast and crew were recently seen filming the upcoming season of this British period drama in Bampton village, Oxfordshire. It is likely that one of the characters will have an open-end storyline this season.
Mail Online reports that Lily James, who portrays the role of Lady Rose in "Downton Abbey" is unlikely to return for Season 6 because of her movie promotion commitment. The actress stars in Disney's "Cinderella" along with Richard Madden, Cate Blanchett and Helena Bonham Carter. Lily is playing the titular role.
The movie is set to release sometime around Easter, 2015. According to Mail Online, Disney has requested her to be available to help promote the movie. Since "Downton Abbey" is expected to begin production of Season 6 at that time, it will be difficult for the actress to manage both acting for the series and movie promotional activities. The report says that the makers do not want to kill the character of Lady Rose, and thus has asked her to appear in the special Christmas episode.
Meanwhile, Hasting Observers recently reported that "Downton Abbey" team has roped in kids, aged from eight to 11, for Season 5. Nyah Braisby, Sophie Apthorp, Louis Selling, Morgan Smith, Brandon Pohlhammer and Harry Seymour, students of The Hastings Stage Studio, are set to appear in the new season.
According to the report, two of the boys will appear as choir boys in Downton Abbey. They were seen filming with the veteran actress Dame Maggie Smith, who portrays the role of Violet Crawley.
The children recognise her as Professor Minerva McGonagall from the hugely popular "Harry Potter" film series.
"The students play children in the local village school, and two were also choir boys filming with Dame Maggie Smith, reporting that they were thrilled to work with Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter!," said Vanessa Pohlhammer, director of J & V Management and The Hastings Stage Studio.
In addition to these kids, Richard E Grant, Rade Serbedzija and Anna Chancellor have been cast in "Downton Abbey" Season 5. Gareth Neame, executive producer of Downton Abbey, had said to The Hollywood Reporter that "Richard [E. Grant] and Anna [Chancellor] are two very fun additions."
"Downton Abbey" Season 5 is expected to air sometime in September 2014 in U.K.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate