Cannes Film Festival 2014: Sonam Kapoor to Dazzle on Red Carpet
By Ankita Mehta | May 2, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Bollywood's fashionista Sonam Kapoor is all geared up to walk the red carpet at the 67th annual Cannes Film Festival, which will be held in May in Cannes, France.
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the screening of the film 'The Great Gatsby' and for the opening ceremony of the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 15, 2013.
The actress, who is the brand ambassador of a cosmetic brand, will attend the film festival on 18 and 19 May. Kapoor has been attending the film festival ever since she became the brand ambassador of the cosmetic brand.
This year it will be her fourth appearance and the actress is looking forward to attend it. The 28-year-old actress is currently busy working on her two films "Dolly Ki Doli" and "Khoobsurat" remake and wants to take a break from her schedule.
"I am just looking forward to getting out of Mumbai. I have been shooting constantly in this heat. I needed a break and Cannes is the perfect getaway for me. It will be a refreshing change from all this work," Sonam told Press Trust of India in an interview.
Last year, she was a part of opening ceremony and had attended the event along with other Bollywood celebrities including Vidya Balan. This year too, she was invited to attend the first two days, but due to shooting she couldn't get off.
Kapoor will walk on the red carpet on the fifth and sixth day of the event. Apart from her, other brand ambassadors of the cosmetic company including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Freida Pinto will also be present.
However, Katrina Kaif who was recently joined the cosmetic brand will not accompany other actress to the film festival. When asked about the same, Kapoor said, "I know only about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She as always is going to be there to dazzle the red carpet. I am not sure about other ambassadors, from India or abroad."
Last year, the "Delhi 6" actress sported a traditional nose ring during the event, for which she faced a torrent of criticism. But the actress now plans to work more on her make-up than her style.
"This time the make-up will be glossier, with pops of colours. We are still deciding on the clothes that I am going to wear. I can't divulge much but Anamika's creations will definitely be part of one of my red carpet outings," she said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop