Cannes Film Festival 2014: Sonam Kapoor to Dazzle on Red Carpet
By Ankita Mehta | May 2, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Bollywood's fashionista Sonam Kapoor is all geared up to walk the red carpet at the 67th annual Cannes Film Festival, which will be held in May in Cannes, France.
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the screening of the film 'The Great Gatsby' and for the opening ceremony of the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 15, 2013.
The actress, who is the brand ambassador of a cosmetic brand, will attend the film festival on 18 and 19 May. Kapoor has been attending the film festival ever since she became the brand ambassador of the cosmetic brand.
This year it will be her fourth appearance and the actress is looking forward to attend it. The 28-year-old actress is currently busy working on her two films "Dolly Ki Doli" and "Khoobsurat" remake and wants to take a break from her schedule.
"I am just looking forward to getting out of Mumbai. I have been shooting constantly in this heat. I needed a break and Cannes is the perfect getaway for me. It will be a refreshing change from all this work," Sonam told Press Trust of India in an interview.
Last year, she was a part of opening ceremony and had attended the event along with other Bollywood celebrities including Vidya Balan. This year too, she was invited to attend the first two days, but due to shooting she couldn't get off.
Kapoor will walk on the red carpet on the fifth and sixth day of the event. Apart from her, other brand ambassadors of the cosmetic company including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Freida Pinto will also be present.
However, Katrina Kaif who was recently joined the cosmetic brand will not accompany other actress to the film festival. When asked about the same, Kapoor said, "I know only about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She as always is going to be there to dazzle the red carpet. I am not sure about other ambassadors, from India or abroad."
Last year, the "Delhi 6" actress sported a traditional nose ring during the event, for which she faced a torrent of criticism. But the actress now plans to work more on her make-up than her style.
"This time the make-up will be glossier, with pops of colours. We are still deciding on the clothes that I am going to wear. I can't divulge much but Anamika's creations will definitely be part of one of my red carpet outings," she said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On