Cannes Film Festival 2014: Sonam Kapoor to Dazzle on Red Carpet
By Ankita Mehta | May 2, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Bollywood's fashionista Sonam Kapoor is all geared up to walk the red carpet at the 67th annual Cannes Film Festival, which will be held in May in Cannes, France.
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the screening of the film 'The Great Gatsby' and for the opening ceremony of the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 15, 2013.
The actress, who is the brand ambassador of a cosmetic brand, will attend the film festival on 18 and 19 May. Kapoor has been attending the film festival ever since she became the brand ambassador of the cosmetic brand.
This year it will be her fourth appearance and the actress is looking forward to attend it. The 28-year-old actress is currently busy working on her two films "Dolly Ki Doli" and "Khoobsurat" remake and wants to take a break from her schedule.
"I am just looking forward to getting out of Mumbai. I have been shooting constantly in this heat. I needed a break and Cannes is the perfect getaway for me. It will be a refreshing change from all this work," Sonam told Press Trust of India in an interview.
Last year, she was a part of opening ceremony and had attended the event along with other Bollywood celebrities including Vidya Balan. This year too, she was invited to attend the first two days, but due to shooting she couldn't get off.
Kapoor will walk on the red carpet on the fifth and sixth day of the event. Apart from her, other brand ambassadors of the cosmetic company including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Freida Pinto will also be present.
However, Katrina Kaif who was recently joined the cosmetic brand will not accompany other actress to the film festival. When asked about the same, Kapoor said, "I know only about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. She as always is going to be there to dazzle the red carpet. I am not sure about other ambassadors, from India or abroad."
Last year, the "Delhi 6" actress sported a traditional nose ring during the event, for which she faced a torrent of criticism. But the actress now plans to work more on her make-up than her style.
"This time the make-up will be glossier, with pops of colours. We are still deciding on the clothes that I am going to wear. I can't divulge much but Anamika's creations will definitely be part of one of my red carpet outings," she said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4