'It's Gonna Be May': Barack Obama Quotes On Facebook
By Tanya Diente | May 2, 2014 4:54 PM EST
The President of the United States, Barack Obama, has apparently caught up on the "It's Gonna Be May" meme of Justin Timberlake that has gone viral days, or even years before.
Pope Francis (R) and U.S. President Barack Obama react as they exchange gifts during a private audience at the Vatican City March 27, 2014.
The "It's Gonna Be May" meme started way back 2012 and was generally used by people to welcome the month of May. Initially the meme was a picture of young Justin Timberlake during his Nsync days with a caption that reads "It's Gonna Be May".
"It's Gonna Be Me" was Nsync's single off of their second album "No Strings Attached" back in 2000.
Years after,GIFs were intruced and soon people were seeing Justin Timberlake singing "It's Gonna Be May" in YouTube and in any internet site they could find. Many thought it was hilarious however it was actually pointing at how Justin Timberlake said the word "me" and pronounced it as "may". The meme continued on for years across all social sites including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Eventually other people got annoyed over the repitition so it stopped.
However, after many years of silence, the "It's Gonna Be May" meme has gone viral again thanks to the US President Barack Obama's Facebook page. No one can say for sure if it was the president himself who posted the photo of him talking with Justin Timberlake, which a caption reads "It's Gonna Be May". The photo was posted yesterday in the president's Faebook page and has since received 446,522 likes and 448,102 shares.
In the photo was Queen Latifah and who else but no other than the one and only "It's Gonna Be May" model himself Justin Timberlake. He is seen in the photo smiling with President Obama.
The photo was taken during Timberlake's performance at the White House as part of the concert "In Performance at the White House: Memphis Soul". It was originally posted on the president's Twitter account last year on May 30, sans the caption that is.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 29, 2013
A look back at the photo of "It's Gonna Be May" meme that soon turned into a video. #itssgonnabemay is trending again in Twitter.
— Chasity Cooper (@chasityscooper) May 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar