'It's Gonna Be May': Barack Obama Quotes On Facebook
By Tanya Diente | May 2, 2014 4:54 PM EST
The President of the United States, Barack Obama, has apparently caught up on the "It's Gonna Be May" meme of Justin Timberlake that has gone viral days, or even years before.
Pope Francis (R) and U.S. President Barack Obama react as they exchange gifts during a private audience at the Vatican City March 27, 2014.
The "It's Gonna Be May" meme started way back 2012 and was generally used by people to welcome the month of May. Initially the meme was a picture of young Justin Timberlake during his Nsync days with a caption that reads "It's Gonna Be May".
"It's Gonna Be Me" was Nsync's single off of their second album "No Strings Attached" back in 2000.
Years after,GIFs were intruced and soon people were seeing Justin Timberlake singing "It's Gonna Be May" in YouTube and in any internet site they could find. Many thought it was hilarious however it was actually pointing at how Justin Timberlake said the word "me" and pronounced it as "may". The meme continued on for years across all social sites including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Eventually other people got annoyed over the repitition so it stopped.
However, after many years of silence, the "It's Gonna Be May" meme has gone viral again thanks to the US President Barack Obama's Facebook page. No one can say for sure if it was the president himself who posted the photo of him talking with Justin Timberlake, which a caption reads "It's Gonna Be May". The photo was posted yesterday in the president's Faebook page and has since received 446,522 likes and 448,102 shares.
In the photo was Queen Latifah and who else but no other than the one and only "It's Gonna Be May" model himself Justin Timberlake. He is seen in the photo smiling with President Obama.
The photo was taken during Timberlake's performance at the White House as part of the concert "In Performance at the White House: Memphis Soul". It was originally posted on the president's Twitter account last year on May 30, sans the caption that is.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 29, 2013
A look back at the photo of "It's Gonna Be May" meme that soon turned into a video. #itssgonnabemay is trending again in Twitter.
— Chasity Cooper (@chasityscooper) May 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6