Vodafone CEO Talks on Being the Highest Performing Telco in Australia
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | May 2, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Despite the network problems in the past, recently appointed Vodafone Australia Chief Executive Officer Inaki Berroeta remains positive that it is now Australia's highest performing telephone company.
In his first public presence since assuming the post, Mr. Berroeta stated that Vodafone Australia is very robust, very versatile, and flexible. Although he has to lay down his targets yet for 2014, Mr. Berroeta believes that the company is almost at the net positive side of the business given the company's solid foundation.
Mr. Berroeta also highlighted on his priority for Vodafone Australia to provide better value ad more services to its customers. As a strategic imperative, he mentioned about the company's focus on data competition instead of neck to neck battle with other telephone companies on coverage.
The former Romanian Vodafone chief also implied on the probability of adding more data allowance options where customers can take advantage of the telco's enhanced network bandwidth. He also guaranteed that history will not repeat itself referring to the 2010 outage related to the extreme customer usage on data bandwidth.
In addition, Mr. Berroeta revealed the Vodafone Australia's focal initiative to areas that had been previously reported as unreliable such as hospitals, busy shopping center, and train stations to increase the telco's coverage.
Mr. Berroeta also stated that the company has already resolved the previous reliability and capacity issues and is well on its way to recovery. He believed that the company's recently launched 4G network would aid in winning back previous customer churns.
The 4G network has been made available to the people in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne for which Vodafone Australia claims to have more than one million customers right now.
Mr. Berroeta also claimed that Vodafone Australia occupy 40 percent of the market share in Sydney. In a series of television commercials, the third biggest mobile telephone network claims coverage to 96 percent of the 2G, 3G, and 4G customers in the market.
Vodafone Australia also boosts of 700 percent data usage increase courtesy of its $5 day plan for its roaming services. As a major key advantage over the competitor brands, Vodafone claims its wide presence to 47 international locations.
Mr. Berroeta replaced Bill Morrow last January who is now the Chief Executive of NBN Co.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29