‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show,’ ‘The Young and the Restless,’ ‘Good Morning America’ and many more: 2014 Daytime Emmy Nominations Full List Announced!
By charmaine corne clutton | May 2, 2014 4:26 PM EST
The Daytime Emmys nominations for 2014 have been announced on May 1 and fans are just excited to see who would emerge victorious in the prestigious awarding.
Under the supervision of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, the Daytime Emmy nominations have been released to find out which TV program is the best in various fields such as news, talk and soaps. The prestigious awarding ceremony shall be held at the exquisite Beverly Hilton Hotel on June 22.
Among the top contenders for Outstanding Drama Series include "The Young and the Restless," "The Bold and the Beautiful," "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital."
In terms of Outstanding Informative Talk Show, the top contenders for the spot include "The Chew." "The Dr. Oz Show," "Dr. Phil" and "Steve Harvey." Going up against each other for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show include "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," "Live!," "With Kelly and Michael," "Rachel Ray," "The Talk," and "The View."
Topping the board with the most number of nominations is daytime TV show "The Young and the Restless" with a staggering number of 26 nominations followed by "The Bold and the Beautiful" with 18 multiple nominations.
Meanwhile, CBS TV Network holds the most number of nominations for their featured programs with a total of 60 multiple nominations followed by Syndicated with a close sum of 52 nominations.
According to the official site of the Emmy's, there was a total of 1,400 sent entries for this year, but only 350 daytime TV programs were given an Emmy nod.
"With over 1,400 entries this year, the National Academy is again excited to welcome more than 350 nominees to this year's Daytime Emmy Awards," Malachy Wienges, chairman of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, said in an interview. "We are happy to reuthn to both the Beverly Hilton and the Westin Bonaventure for what I'm sure will be two very exciting nights for the Daytime television community!" the chairman further said in the interview.
See the complete list of nominees for the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage