Splendour in the Grass 2014 Festival Ticket Buyers Overcharged After Tech Glitch
By Anne Lu | May 2, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Tickets for the Splendour in the Grass 2014 have been compromised, with some buyers claiming that they were charged more than the price listed. Moshtix, the site selling the tickets, said that the ticketing glitch was just an isolated technical issue, and is now being resolved.
The festival opened the sale for the tickets at 9am on Friday for the three-day July event. Instead of a smooth transaction, some buyers complained of several issues, including being forced to pay more than double the ticket selling price.
While there were those who were surprised to pay over $1000, there were also buyers who have been charged a discounted rate. A number of buyers also claimed that large amount of money were taken from their credit card account, but they didn’t receive ticket sale confirmation.
Others complained that they had been waiting for more than an hour to buy tickets, only to be kicked out of the queue.
Buyers inundated the festival’s Facebook page with complaints, prompting organisers to release a statement.
“For those querying what went wrong, we are currently, in conjunction with Moshtix, investigating some of the complications that we experienced with the ticketing system but we can 100% confirm that nobody’s personal information has been compromised,” a message on the festival’s Facebook page reads.
“Moshtix has confirmation who was overcharged on the credit card fees or purchased a discounted ticket, and they will be in contact shortly.”
As for buyers charged with discounted tickets, Splendour in the Grass wrote, “Under no circumstances purchase any ‘50% off’ tickets – THEY WILL NOT BE VALID.”
Moshtix also addressed the problem, writing on their Facebook, “During today’s Splendour in the Grass on-sale, due to technical issues some customers were erroneously offered reduced priced tickets and charged incorrect credit card fees.
“All these affected orders will be cancelled today, and customers contacted to allow them to purchase at the correct prices. This was an isolated technical issue that did not affect other ticket buyers and tickets are continuing to sell fast for the festival.”
The ticket seller also denied that it was hacked, saying that “no credit card information has been compromised during technical issues experienced this morning.”
Those affected by the incorrect sale should contact Moshtix at http://ticketsupport.moshtix.com.au/anonymous_requests/new.
Despite the overwhelming technical issues that plagued the festival, all tickets for the event have been sold out in just a few hours.
Splendour in the Grass 2014 will take place on July 25 to 27 at North Byron Parklands. Headliners include Lily Allen, The JEzabels, and Outkast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS