Splendour in the Grass 2014 Festival Ticket Buyers Overcharged After Tech Glitch
By Anne Lu | May 2, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Tickets for the Splendour in the Grass 2014 have been compromised, with some buyers claiming that they were charged more than the price listed. Moshtix, the site selling the tickets, said that the ticketing glitch was just an isolated technical issue, and is now being resolved.
The festival opened the sale for the tickets at 9am on Friday for the three-day July event. Instead of a smooth transaction, some buyers complained of several issues, including being forced to pay more than double the ticket selling price.
While there were those who were surprised to pay over $1000, there were also buyers who have been charged a discounted rate. A number of buyers also claimed that large amount of money were taken from their credit card account, but they didn’t receive ticket sale confirmation.
Others complained that they had been waiting for more than an hour to buy tickets, only to be kicked out of the queue.
Buyers inundated the festival’s Facebook page with complaints, prompting organisers to release a statement.
“For those querying what went wrong, we are currently, in conjunction with Moshtix, investigating some of the complications that we experienced with the ticketing system but we can 100% confirm that nobody’s personal information has been compromised,” a message on the festival’s Facebook page reads.
“Moshtix has confirmation who was overcharged on the credit card fees or purchased a discounted ticket, and they will be in contact shortly.”
As for buyers charged with discounted tickets, Splendour in the Grass wrote, “Under no circumstances purchase any ‘50% off’ tickets – THEY WILL NOT BE VALID.”
Moshtix also addressed the problem, writing on their Facebook, “During today’s Splendour in the Grass on-sale, due to technical issues some customers were erroneously offered reduced priced tickets and charged incorrect credit card fees.
“All these affected orders will be cancelled today, and customers contacted to allow them to purchase at the correct prices. This was an isolated technical issue that did not affect other ticket buyers and tickets are continuing to sell fast for the festival.”
The ticket seller also denied that it was hacked, saying that “no credit card information has been compromised during technical issues experienced this morning.”
Those affected by the incorrect sale should contact Moshtix at http://ticketsupport.moshtix.com.au/anonymous_requests/new.
Despite the overwhelming technical issues that plagued the festival, all tickets for the event have been sold out in just a few hours.
Splendour in the Grass 2014 will take place on July 25 to 27 at North Byron Parklands. Headliners include Lily Allen, The JEzabels, and Outkast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports