Shailene Woodley Starved for Six and a Half Hours While Filming Her First Speaking Role? Learn About Her Diet!
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 2, 2014 4:05 PM EST
Looking toned and ready to fight in her "Divergent" role as Tris, the probability that one would think there was once a time when Shailene Woodley has starved her self is apparently slim. But as a new report comes in with the actress revealing things about her self, the truth comes clear.
Actress Shailene Woodley poses for photographers as she arrives for the European premiere of "Divergent" at Leicester Square in London March 30, 2014.
The 22-year-old Divergent star has currently undergone change. Several reports confirm that for Woodley's role as a cancer-stricken teenager in her upcoming movie "The Fault in Our Stars," the actress has to tone down and watch her diet. Daily Mail reported that Woodley admitted in an interview with Into The Gloss earlier in March that she has a knack for eating clay as part of her diet.
"Clay is one of the best things you can put in your body," the actress revealed.
And apart from Shailene Woodley's clay-eating habit, the latest May-June issue of Natural Health magazine also revealed that Woodley has this strong relationship with herbal remedies. The 22-year-old Divergent star said that she had done her reasearch with what Native American cultures ate in the state of California and other "indigenous cultures around the world." Woodley found out that the Native Americans were not only "hunter-gatherers" but also "healers."
"I thought that was really profound, so I started learning about all the wild plants in my area, as well as all of the wild medicines that I could gather and create for myself," Woodley told the magazine.
Shailene Woodley further shared that she has "control" of her body. Apparently, the actress must have used the same control over her body some 15 years ago, because, indeed, the actress had gone through a six hours and a half ordeal inside a tiny dressing room trailer on the set of the television movie "Replacing Dad," according to a New York Times article that appears in print on May 4, 2014.
According to the article, Shailene Woodley and her mother Lori had the unfortunate experience in 1999 to stay in a dressing trailer within what appears to be a long period of time without availing the lunch provided by the TV movie's production team.
"We just sat there for six and a half hours with no water, no anything. We were starving," Woodley told the publication.
Apparently, a production assistant advised the Divergent star and her mother that Woodley would be fetched when she was needed on camera. However, the two took the advice all too literally, and Woodley and her mom stayed in the trailer without even a bottle of water because they had no idea they were allowed to go out and eat.
But it appears that the Divergent star wouldn't be starving anytime soon as she can apparently find things to eat. The way Natural Health magazine put it, Shailene Woodley "eat directly from earth," which as it appears happens to be a good thing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Paris Hilton Quits Junk Food: A High Fat Diet Could Destroy Your Sense of Smell, Study
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- AFL Player in Coma After Being Knocked It and Slipping Into A Cardiac Arrest
- Use of Hormonal Contraceptions Lead to Increased Risk of Gestational Diabetes in Women: Study Says
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports