Shailene Woodley Starved for Six and a Half Hours While Filming Her First Speaking Role? Learn About Her Diet!
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 2, 2014 4:05 PM EST
Looking toned and ready to fight in her "Divergent" role as Tris, the probability that one would think there was once a time when Shailene Woodley has starved her self is apparently slim. But as a new report comes in with the actress revealing things about her self, the truth comes clear.
Actress Shailene Woodley poses for photographers as she arrives for the European premiere of "Divergent" at Leicester Square in London March 30, 2014.
The 22-year-old Divergent star has currently undergone change. Several reports confirm that for Woodley's role as a cancer-stricken teenager in her upcoming movie "The Fault in Our Stars," the actress has to tone down and watch her diet. Daily Mail reported that Woodley admitted in an interview with Into The Gloss earlier in March that she has a knack for eating clay as part of her diet.
"Clay is one of the best things you can put in your body," the actress revealed.
And apart from Shailene Woodley's clay-eating habit, the latest May-June issue of Natural Health magazine also revealed that Woodley has this strong relationship with herbal remedies. The 22-year-old Divergent star said that she had done her reasearch with what Native American cultures ate in the state of California and other "indigenous cultures around the world." Woodley found out that the Native Americans were not only "hunter-gatherers" but also "healers."
"I thought that was really profound, so I started learning about all the wild plants in my area, as well as all of the wild medicines that I could gather and create for myself," Woodley told the magazine.
Shailene Woodley further shared that she has "control" of her body. Apparently, the actress must have used the same control over her body some 15 years ago, because, indeed, the actress had gone through a six hours and a half ordeal inside a tiny dressing room trailer on the set of the television movie "Replacing Dad," according to a New York Times article that appears in print on May 4, 2014.
According to the article, Shailene Woodley and her mother Lori had the unfortunate experience in 1999 to stay in a dressing trailer within what appears to be a long period of time without availing the lunch provided by the TV movie's production team.
"We just sat there for six and a half hours with no water, no anything. We were starving," Woodley told the publication.
Apparently, a production assistant advised the Divergent star and her mother that Woodley would be fetched when she was needed on camera. However, the two took the advice all too literally, and Woodley and her mom stayed in the trailer without even a bottle of water because they had no idea they were allowed to go out and eat.
But it appears that the Divergent star wouldn't be starving anytime soon as she can apparently find things to eat. The way Natural Health magazine put it, Shailene Woodley "eat directly from earth," which as it appears happens to be a good thing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Mind is the Key in Female Orgasms: Research
- Super Model Andreja Pejic Confirms Identity As Transgender
- Complete Darkness at Night Key Brings Maximum Success of Breast Cancer Therapy: Latest Study Reveals
- 9 Tips For Surviving a Plane Crash
- 9/11 Cancer Collection Claims 2,500 Ground Zero Rescue Workers: All of Them Have Cancer Now
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal